Modi insulted all women by his comments on Tharoor`s wife: Congress
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhvadia on Tuesday alleged Chief Minister Narendra Modi had insulted all women in the country with his comment on Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s wife.
Modi, of late, was using language that did not fit for a political leader and had lost "decency", Modhvadia added.
"Recently, on the issue of malnutrition, Modi had said that as Gujarati women are beauty-conscious, malnutrition is high in Gujarat.
"I personally, on behalf of the people of Gujarat, apologise to those against whom the Chief Minister has made these remarks," Modhvadia said.
Speaking in Shimla yesterday, Modi had taken potshots at Tharoor, saying his wife was once his "50-crore-rupee girlfriend".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'