Modi insulted all women by his comments on Tharoor`s wife: Congress
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhvadia on Tuesday alleged Chief Minister Narendra Modi had insulted all women in the country with his comment on Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s wife.
Modi, of late, was using language that did not fit for a political leader and had lost "decency", Modhvadia added.
"Recently, on the issue of malnutrition, Modi had said that as Gujarati women are beauty-conscious, malnutrition is high in Gujarat.
"I personally, on behalf of the people of Gujarat, apologise to those against whom the Chief Minister has made these remarks," Modhvadia said.
Speaking in Shimla yesterday, Modi had taken potshots at Tharoor, saying his wife was once his "50-crore-rupee girlfriend".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing