Modi insulted all women by his comments on Tharoor`s wife: Congress
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhvadia on Tuesday alleged Chief Minister Narendra Modi had insulted all women in the country with his comment on Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s wife.
Modi, of late, was using language that did not fit for a political leader and had lost "decency", Modhvadia added.
"Recently, on the issue of malnutrition, Modi had said that as Gujarati women are beauty-conscious, malnutrition is high in Gujarat.
"I personally, on behalf of the people of Gujarat, apologise to those against whom the Chief Minister has made these remarks," Modhvadia said.
Speaking in Shimla yesterday, Modi had taken potshots at Tharoor, saying his wife was once his "50-crore-rupee girlfriend".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!