Modi insulted all women by his comments on Tharoor`s wife: Congress
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhvadia on Tuesday alleged Chief Minister Narendra Modi had insulted all women in the country with his comment on Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s wife.
Modi, of late, was using language that did not fit for a political leader and had lost "decency", Modhvadia added.
"Recently, on the issue of malnutrition, Modi had said that as Gujarati women are beauty-conscious, malnutrition is high in Gujarat.
"I personally, on behalf of the people of Gujarat, apologise to those against whom the Chief Minister has made these remarks," Modhvadia said.
Speaking in Shimla yesterday, Modi had taken potshots at Tharoor, saying his wife was once his "50-crore-rupee girlfriend".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!