Modi slams Congress `ad campaign` on welfare schemes
Vadodara: Chief Minister Narendra Modi Saturday criticised Congress for its advertisement campaign claiming credit for state welfare schemes, saying the Centre is merely disbursing the money it has collected from people in taxes.
"Centre collects Rs 60,000 crore from Gujarat every year and allocates Rs 6,000 crore to the state and this money does not belong to Congress and that party is not giving the money to the state as `Kariyavar` (dowry)," Modi told a public meeting at Karjan town in the district.
"The money spent in Gujarat is collected from the people of Gujarat and does not belong to the Congress party," he said while referring to advertisements being appeared in some vernacular and a few English dailies in the state.
The promotions are part of the Congress` `Dasha and Disha Badlo` (change status and direction) campaign.
The ads list "measures" being taken by Centre for the people of Gujarat, including allocation of extra gas, helping cotton growers from the state by lifting ban on the export of cotton among other schemes.
Dismissing the claims, Modi said cotton farmers from the state suffered a huge loss of Rs 15,000 crore before Centre resumed the export of cotton.
"Congress party has lost its vision and has taken the country on the path of destruction through 2G scam, Coalgate, Commonwealth Game scam and is neck-deep in corruption," the Chief Minister said.
Taking a swipe at Congress leaders for hailing AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi as a national leader and him being a state leader, Modi said,"I agree with their view.
There can not be any comparison between the two.
My agenda is clear and I am working for welfare of population of 6 crore Gujaratis and making them prosperous".
Modi criticised Centre for allowing FDI in civil aviation and multi-brand retail and hiking diesel prices besides capping the number of LPG cylinders per household per year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence