Mukhopadhyay swears in as Guj High Court Chief Justice
Ahmedabad: Justice S J Mukhopadhyay was
today administered oath of office as Chief Justice of Gujarat
High Court by Governor Dr Kamala at Raj Bhavan here.
Justice Mukhopadhyay was appointed judge of Patna High
Court in 1994 and subsequently in November 2000, he was
transfered to Jharkhand High Court following a new state was
In 2006, he was transferred to Madras High Court where
he functioned as acting Chief Justice briefly.
Prior to his elevation as High Court judge, he was a
leading advocate practising at Patna high Court in Bihar.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi, his cabinet colleagues,
senior government officials, acting Chief Justice of Gujarat
High Court M S Shah, High Court judges and senior lawyers were
present in the swearing in ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters