Narayan Sai’s aide arrested from Surat
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: An aide of self-styled godman Asaram Bapu’s son Narayan Sai was arrested by police from Surat on Saturday.
It is the first arrest by the police in the case after two sisters from Surat claimed that Asaram Bapu and Narayan Sai raped them while they were living at Asaram’s ashrams.
A warrant is also likely to be issued against the absconding Narayan Sai soon if he fails to appear before the police for questioning.
Sai had filed for an anticipatory bail plea in a local court in connection with the complaint of an alleged sexual assault against him on Friday.
Even as he continues to be untraceable, police had earlier issued a look-out notice for him. The notices were served in Surat and Ahmedabad ashrams.
The Surat Police recently registered two cases -- one against Asaram and another against his son -- of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other offences upon the complaint filed by two sisters.
While the elder sister has accused Asaram of repeated sexual assault when she was living at his Ahmedabad ashram during 1997 to 2006, the younger sister has accused Narayan Sai of same offence when she was living at Asaram`s ashram here between 2002 and 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- All Party meet for inclusive engagement of all stakeholders in J&K
- Brazil arrests terror group over plot to launch large scale attack at 2016 Rio Olympics
- US acts to block two mega-mergers in health insurance worth $91 billion
- Hardik Patel's movement restricted; FIR lodged against him too
- Kotak Mahindra Bank posts 4-fold jump in net profit in Q1