Outlet showcasing Gandhi souvenirs inaugurated at airport
Ahmedabad: An exclusive outlet for Mahatma Gandhi souvenirs was inaugurated on Thursday at the departure lounge of the Sardar Vallabhai Patel International Airport`s (SVPIA) domestic terminal here.
The outlet called `Shashwat Gandhi` which is run by the Peace Initiative, a Birla group arm for reviving Gandhian philosphy, stocks around 100 elegantly designed products like figures of the iconic three monkeys and khadi shirts, amongst other things.
The outlet is the first of its kind at an Airport Authority of India (AAI) run airport in India, an official statement said.
It was inaugurated by Airport Director R K Singh and the ceremony was graced by Rajashree Birla, Director of the Aditya Birla group, besides others.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US wants Pakistan to have dialogue with neighbours
- Hassan Rouhani allies win Iran parliament elections second round: Reports
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner