Police seeking extradition of drug-dealer Richard
Vadodara: Vadodara Police have initiated a
process for the extradition of Canadian drug dealer Xie Jeng
Fang alias Richard from Nepal.
All the necessary documents for the extradition have been
sent to the Centre as well as Interpol, Vadodara police
commissioner Satish Sharma said on Monday.
Richard is in the custody of Nepal police, following his
arrest there a couple of months back.
"We will make arrangements for bringing him back to the
country after receiving instructions from the Centre in this
regard," Sharma said.
Richard had been arrested in Nepal, after alerts sent by
Vadodara police as well as Interpol. According to sources,
Richard was planning to spread his network in western India.
The drug-dealer had fled on April 28, when he was brought
from Vadodara Central Jail to the SSG Hospital for treatment.
Even though his escape had left the police red-faced,
Sharma had then described his escape a well-planned conspiracy
and that locals were involved in the escape.
Deputy Police Commissioner (Crime) Ashok Yadav said, "The
Crime Branch had received a tip-off a couple of months back
that Richard had fled to Nepal. Following this, we contacted
Nepal police and passed on information and sent his
photographs to them."
"Richard, a drug dealer and notorious criminal was a part
of Nepal`s drug syndicate, was arrested in Kathmandu a couple
of months ago," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode