Politics is a profession where no training is required: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said the politics is one profession where no training is required.
Speaking in a lighter vein after inaugurating a seminar at `Industry-Responsive Skill Convention` at Gandhinagar, Modi said, "Skill is required for almost all the professions, but you do not need any training for being a politician, the profession in which I am."
"Once a leader told his driver that he himself would drive the car. The driver said, let me get down first. When the leader asked why, the driver said, `This is a car. Not a government`."
The chief minister expressed his resolve to promote skill development of youth through public-private-partnership model, to cater to the needs of the industry. Gujarat`s ITIs had signed 119 MoU with the industries for various skill development programmes, he said.
Gujarat Government had taken a number of initiatives in this regard including upgradation of ITIs, setting up of 20 superior technology training centres, 1,074 skill development and training courses, etc, he said.
"India will need to adopt the strategy of exploring scope, scale, skill and speed for the youth if we want to compete with China," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in