Politics is a profession where no training is required: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said the politics is one profession where no training is required.
Speaking in a lighter vein after inaugurating a seminar at `Industry-Responsive Skill Convention` at Gandhinagar, Modi said, "Skill is required for almost all the professions, but you do not need any training for being a politician, the profession in which I am."
"Once a leader told his driver that he himself would drive the car. The driver said, let me get down first. When the leader asked why, the driver said, `This is a car. Not a government`."
The chief minister expressed his resolve to promote skill development of youth through public-private-partnership model, to cater to the needs of the industry. Gujarat`s ITIs had signed 119 MoU with the industries for various skill development programmes, he said.
Gujarat Government had taken a number of initiatives in this regard including upgradation of ITIs, setting up of 20 superior technology training centres, 1,074 skill development and training courses, etc, he said.
"India will need to adopt the strategy of exploring scope, scale, skill and speed for the youth if we want to compete with China," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him