Queensland Deputy PM meets Narendra Modi, explores tie-ups
Ahmedabad: A delegation from Australia headed by Queensland State Deputy Premier Jeffrey William Seeney today met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and discussed avenues of bilateral tie-ups in various fields.
During the meeting, attended by top state officials and businessmen, the two sides focused on possibilities and opportunities to develop comprehensive ties between Australia and Gujarat in the coming days, an official statement here said.
Members from both sides exchanged views and ideas about development policies and building more comprehensive economic and cultural relations between Gujarat and Australia.
Modi and Seeney also discussed the various aspects of sustainable economic development and explored opportunities in sectors which could lead to wider cooperation between Gujarat and Queensland.
The Deputy PM was accompanied by Australian Consul General in Mumbai, Mark Pierce, the statement said.
The meeting was attended by, among others, Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani, Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, AK Sharma, and Additional Chief Secretary (Industry) Maheshwar Sahu.
Modi invited Australia to participate in next month`s Global Agricultural Summit at Gandhinagar.
He urged the visiting delegates to send a government and business team to take part in the summit, which is to be held on September 9-10, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert