Queensland Deputy PM meets Narendra Modi, explores tie-ups
Ahmedabad: A delegation from Australia headed by Queensland State Deputy Premier Jeffrey William Seeney today met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and discussed avenues of bilateral tie-ups in various fields.
During the meeting, attended by top state officials and businessmen, the two sides focused on possibilities and opportunities to develop comprehensive ties between Australia and Gujarat in the coming days, an official statement here said.
Members from both sides exchanged views and ideas about development policies and building more comprehensive economic and cultural relations between Gujarat and Australia.
Modi and Seeney also discussed the various aspects of sustainable economic development and explored opportunities in sectors which could lead to wider cooperation between Gujarat and Queensland.
The Deputy PM was accompanied by Australian Consul General in Mumbai, Mark Pierce, the statement said.
The meeting was attended by, among others, Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani, Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, AK Sharma, and Additional Chief Secretary (Industry) Maheshwar Sahu.
Modi invited Australia to participate in next month`s Global Agricultural Summit at Gandhinagar.
He urged the visiting delegates to send a government and business team to take part in the summit, which is to be held on September 9-10, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons