SC order will `immune` Shah from evidence tampering charge
Ahmedabad: Former Gujarat junior Home
Minister Amit Shah`s lawyer, reacting to the Supreme Court
order asking him to leave Gujarat by Sunday, said by
fulfilling this condition Shah will be "immune" from any
allegations of tampering with evidence.
The apex court today asked Shah to stay out of Gujarat
and leave the state by next morning, but did not cancel his
bail as sought in a CBI petition.
The next hearing on CBI plea, seeking cancellation of
bail to Shah, is an accused in Soharabuddin fake encounter
case, will be held on November 15.
"In the interest of justice, Shah has been asked to
remain out of Gujarat, this happens many times when
investigating agency and prosecution feels presence of the
delinquent is not desirable. This is nothing unusual," Shah`s
lawyer Nirupam Nanavati said.
"By observing this condition Shah will be immune from any
allegations regarding tempering with evidence," Nanavati said.
"This is a temporary measure till November 15, when
further hearing of the case will be taken up by the Supreme
Court and Shah will comply with it," he added.
Shah`s counsel Upender Yadav had also earlier told the
court that he was ready to go out of the state.
"This is the battle for justice, justice is closer to
truth and we are going to win it as we are on the side of
truth," Shah had said yesterday after his release from the
Sabarmati jail here.
"This is a long battle and there are going to be many
challenges. I have full confidence in the judicial system of
the country," Shah added.
Shah was granted bail by the Gujarat High Court yesterday
after which CBI approached Supreme Court the same night
demanding cancellation of his bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report