SC order will `immune` Shah from evidence tampering charge
Ahmedabad: Former Gujarat junior Home
Minister Amit Shah`s lawyer, reacting to the Supreme Court
order asking him to leave Gujarat by Sunday, said by
fulfilling this condition Shah will be "immune" from any
allegations of tampering with evidence.
The apex court today asked Shah to stay out of Gujarat
and leave the state by next morning, but did not cancel his
bail as sought in a CBI petition.
The next hearing on CBI plea, seeking cancellation of
bail to Shah, is an accused in Soharabuddin fake encounter
case, will be held on November 15.
"In the interest of justice, Shah has been asked to
remain out of Gujarat, this happens many times when
investigating agency and prosecution feels presence of the
delinquent is not desirable. This is nothing unusual," Shah`s
lawyer Nirupam Nanavati said.
"By observing this condition Shah will be immune from any
allegations regarding tempering with evidence," Nanavati said.
"This is a temporary measure till November 15, when
further hearing of the case will be taken up by the Supreme
Court and Shah will comply with it," he added.
Shah`s counsel Upender Yadav had also earlier told the
court that he was ready to go out of the state.
"This is the battle for justice, justice is closer to
truth and we are going to win it as we are on the side of
truth," Shah had said yesterday after his release from the
Sabarmati jail here.
"This is a long battle and there are going to be many
challenges. I have full confidence in the judicial system of
the country," Shah added.
Shah was granted bail by the Gujarat High Court yesterday
after which CBI approached Supreme Court the same night
demanding cancellation of his bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why