Sohrabuddin case: CBI summons former Gujarat DGP
Ahmedabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has summoned former Gujarat DGP PC Pandey for questioning in connection with the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
CBI has called Pandey to appear before it on August 11.
Pandey was DGP when the state CID was investigating the fake encounter case.
This is for the first time Pandey has been called for questioning by the CBI. It had earlier called other IPS officers, including GC Raigar and OP Mathur.
On Wednesday, a three member CBI team posed 32 questions before former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah.
He was grilled inside the Sabarmati jail premises.
According to sources, Shah kept saying, "I don`t know and I have never been to these places."
The Supreme Court handed over the fake encounter case to CBI in January this year.
The investigating agency has so far arrested Amit Shah, IPS officer Abhay Chudasama and owners of Arham farm Rajendra Jirawala in the case.
Shah was arrested on Sunday and sent to judicial custody till August 7.
A CBI court in Gandhinagar rejected Shah`s anticipatory bail plea on Friday that he had filed through his lawyer to avoid arrest in connection with the fake encounter case.
Earlier, former Gujarat deputy superintendent of police, MK Amin turned approver against Shah in connection with the case. Amin is one of the three main accused IPS officers involved in the encounter case. The other two are DG Vanzara, and RK Pandian.
The CBI has filed a 30,000-page charge sheet against Shah, accusing him of complicity in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar Bi were killed in an alleged fake encounter in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh