Sohrabuddin case: CBI summons former Gujarat DGP
Ahmedabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has summoned former Gujarat DGP PC Pandey for questioning in connection with the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
CBI has called Pandey to appear before it on August 11.
Pandey was DGP when the state CID was investigating the fake encounter case.
This is for the first time Pandey has been called for questioning by the CBI. It had earlier called other IPS officers, including GC Raigar and OP Mathur.
On Wednesday, a three member CBI team posed 32 questions before former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah.
He was grilled inside the Sabarmati jail premises.
According to sources, Shah kept saying, "I don`t know and I have never been to these places."
The Supreme Court handed over the fake encounter case to CBI in January this year.
The investigating agency has so far arrested Amit Shah, IPS officer Abhay Chudasama and owners of Arham farm Rajendra Jirawala in the case.
Shah was arrested on Sunday and sent to judicial custody till August 7.
A CBI court in Gandhinagar rejected Shah`s anticipatory bail plea on Friday that he had filed through his lawyer to avoid arrest in connection with the fake encounter case.
Earlier, former Gujarat deputy superintendent of police, MK Amin turned approver against Shah in connection with the case. Amin is one of the three main accused IPS officers involved in the encounter case. The other two are DG Vanzara, and RK Pandian.
The CBI has filed a 30,000-page charge sheet against Shah, accusing him of complicity in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar Bi were killed in an alleged fake encounter in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD
- Mehbooba Mufti's Burhan Wani bombshell - WATCH what exactly she said
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT! This cricket team was bowled out of just 3 runs – Details inside