Somnath temple to get more security cover
Rajkot: Security at the famous Somnath temple
here would be beefed up by the end of November with the
deployment of senior police officers and over 100 jawans.
Director General of Police Chitranjan Singh, who visited
the temple and also assessed the existing security situation
at the temple, told this to reporters.
Presently, over 150 security personnel have been posted
to keep a close eye on the temple.
In order to increase the security cover, one deputy
superintendent of police, two police inspectors and six police
sub-inspectors would be deployed, sources said.
Besides this, high-range CCTV cameras would be installed
on the temple premises, guest house, bus stand and at the main
market, so that close vigil on tourists is kept, sources said.
Somnath temple, located on the western coast of Gujarat,
is one of the twelve Jyotirlinga shrines of Lord Shiva.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra