Somnath temple to get more security cover
Rajkot: Security at the famous Somnath temple
here would be beefed up by the end of November with the
deployment of senior police officers and over 100 jawans.
Director General of Police Chitranjan Singh, who visited
the temple and also assessed the existing security situation
at the temple, told this to reporters.
Presently, over 150 security personnel have been posted
to keep a close eye on the temple.
In order to increase the security cover, one deputy
superintendent of police, two police inspectors and six police
sub-inspectors would be deployed, sources said.
Besides this, high-range CCTV cameras would be installed
on the temple premises, guest house, bus stand and at the main
market, so that close vigil on tourists is kept, sources said.
Somnath temple, located on the western coast of Gujarat,
is one of the twelve Jyotirlinga shrines of Lord Shiva.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata