Somnath temple to get more security cover
Rajkot: Security at the famous Somnath temple
here would be beefed up by the end of November with the
deployment of senior police officers and over 100 jawans.
Director General of Police Chitranjan Singh, who visited
the temple and also assessed the existing security situation
at the temple, told this to reporters.
Presently, over 150 security personnel have been posted
to keep a close eye on the temple.
In order to increase the security cover, one deputy
superintendent of police, two police inspectors and six police
sub-inspectors would be deployed, sources said.
Besides this, high-range CCTV cameras would be installed
on the temple premises, guest house, bus stand and at the main
market, so that close vigil on tourists is kept, sources said.
Somnath temple, located on the western coast of Gujarat,
is one of the twelve Jyotirlinga shrines of Lord Shiva.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145