Sonia did not address price rise issue during Guj rally: Modi
Ahmedabad: Continuing his tirade against Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday attacked her for "failing" to address the issue of price rise during her rally in Rajkot a few days ago.
"Soniaji gave a speech in Rajkot. Media is talking about it for the past three days. But no one mentioned that she failed to say a word on the price rise that is adversely affecting the common man," Modi said.
He was addressing a rally in the tribal-dominated Uchchhal in Tapi district as part of his `Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra`.
Last Friday, Modi had said Sonia Gandhi had "defamed" Gujarat with her statement that there had been no development in the state after he became the Chief Minister.
Earlier, he had also alleged that Rs 1,880 crore had been spent from the public exchequer on Gandhi`s foreign trips.
During today`s rally, Modi slammed the Congress saying the party had always been giving "false promises" to people and alleged that they had failed to create any educational facilities for tribal students for studying science despite 50 years of their rule.
In this leg of campaigning, Modi also travelled from Uchchhal to Valia, Ankleshwar and Bharuch, where he addressed another rally.
Modi recalled that there was a time when the people of Uchchhal had to travel all the way to Surat with their grievances, but his government ended this and people now go to Vyara for the same, which is much nearer.
At Bharuch, he again took a dig at Congress and claimed that even if people of Bharuch were satisfied with the development he, however, was not happy about it.
"Until now, I have just filled the pit-holes the past Congress governments had created. From 2013, I will start working for `Divya and Bhavya Gujarat` and I will need your support in it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?