Sonia Gandhi, PM lack homework: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Congress president Sonia Gandhi slammed the Narendra Modi government in Gujarat while addressing an election rally in the state on Friday.
Appealing to the people to vote for the Congress, Sonia said that her party “will bring radical change if it comes to power in the state.”
Sonia, who addressed a public rally near Gorsamba village in Surat district, said that the promises made by the BJP government are false and hollow.
Taking the opportunity to hit the Modi government, the Congress president said that her party has always taken care of the tribal people, but the BJP has ignored them. “What happened to the policies announced by the BJP for the tribals,” Sonia said.
Condemning the BJP government, the UPA chairperson said that her party treats all people equally, but the BJP is indifferent and only works for those they want to.
She also put aside Modi government’s claims on law and order situation in the state, saying that the situation in Gujarat is appalling.
The Congress president also took the opportunity to highlight various welfare schemes of the Centre. “The UPA had waived-off the loans taken by farmers, but the condition of farmers in Gujarat still remains grim,” Sonia said.
Gandhi will later speak at a public rally in Keshod town of Junagadh district for the second election meeting of the day.
Sonia Gandhi had addressed an election rally in Rajkot last month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know