Sonia Gandhi, PM lack homework: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Congress president Sonia Gandhi slammed the Narendra Modi government in Gujarat while addressing an election rally in the state on Friday.
Appealing to the people to vote for the Congress, Sonia said that her party “will bring radical change if it comes to power in the state.”
Sonia, who addressed a public rally near Gorsamba village in Surat district, said that the promises made by the BJP government are false and hollow.
Taking the opportunity to hit the Modi government, the Congress president said that her party has always taken care of the tribal people, but the BJP has ignored them. “What happened to the policies announced by the BJP for the tribals,” Sonia said.
Condemning the BJP government, the UPA chairperson said that her party treats all people equally, but the BJP is indifferent and only works for those they want to.
She also put aside Modi government’s claims on law and order situation in the state, saying that the situation in Gujarat is appalling.
The Congress president also took the opportunity to highlight various welfare schemes of the Centre. “The UPA had waived-off the loans taken by farmers, but the condition of farmers in Gujarat still remains grim,” Sonia said.
Gandhi will later speak at a public rally in Keshod town of Junagadh district for the second election meeting of the day.
Sonia Gandhi had addressed an election rally in Rajkot last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?