Sonia Gandhi, PM lack homework: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Congress president Sonia Gandhi slammed the Narendra Modi government in Gujarat while addressing an election rally in the state on Friday.
Appealing to the people to vote for the Congress, Sonia said that her party “will bring radical change if it comes to power in the state.”
Sonia, who addressed a public rally near Gorsamba village in Surat district, said that the promises made by the BJP government are false and hollow.
Taking the opportunity to hit the Modi government, the Congress president said that her party has always taken care of the tribal people, but the BJP has ignored them. “What happened to the policies announced by the BJP for the tribals,” Sonia said.
Condemning the BJP government, the UPA chairperson said that her party treats all people equally, but the BJP is indifferent and only works for those they want to.
She also put aside Modi government’s claims on law and order situation in the state, saying that the situation in Gujarat is appalling.
The Congress president also took the opportunity to highlight various welfare schemes of the Centre. “The UPA had waived-off the loans taken by farmers, but the condition of farmers in Gujarat still remains grim,” Sonia said.
Gandhi will later speak at a public rally in Keshod town of Junagadh district for the second election meeting of the day.
Sonia Gandhi had addressed an election rally in Rajkot last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections