Sonia Gandhi, PM lack homework: Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Congress president Sonia Gandhi slammed the Narendra Modi government in Gujarat while addressing an election rally in the state on Friday.
Appealing to the people to vote for the Congress, Sonia said that her party “will bring radical change if it comes to power in the state.”
Sonia, who addressed a public rally near Gorsamba village in Surat district, said that the promises made by the BJP government are false and hollow.
Taking the opportunity to hit the Modi government, the Congress president said that her party has always taken care of the tribal people, but the BJP has ignored them. “What happened to the policies announced by the BJP for the tribals,” Sonia said.
Condemning the BJP government, the UPA chairperson said that her party treats all people equally, but the BJP is indifferent and only works for those they want to.
She also put aside Modi government’s claims on law and order situation in the state, saying that the situation in Gujarat is appalling.
The Congress president also took the opportunity to highlight various welfare schemes of the Centre. “The UPA had waived-off the loans taken by farmers, but the condition of farmers in Gujarat still remains grim,” Sonia said.
Gandhi will later speak at a public rally in Keshod town of Junagadh district for the second election meeting of the day.
Sonia Gandhi had addressed an election rally in Rajkot last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price