‘Summon retd HC judge before Nanavati panel’
Ahmedabad: Jan Sangarsh Manch (JSM), an NGO working for some victims of 2002 Gujarat riots, on Friday demanded that Justice (retd) H Suresh be summoned for
deposition before Nanavati Commission since he was a member of
the tribunal that had visited the state after post-Godhra
Justice H Suresh, a retired judge of the Bombay High
Court, was a member of the people`s tribunal that had visited
Gujarat after 2002 post-Godhra riots.
JSMs Amarish Patel in his application before the
Nanavati panel today said that he came to know from newspaper
reports that former home minister Haren Pandya had told the
visiting tribunal that Modi had allegedly directed the police
to allow Hindus to vent their anger.
Justice Suresh has said that the tribunal has audio
recorded Pandya`s statement when he had made the allegations,
Patel said in his application.
Former Supreme Court judge PB Sawant was also present
when the panel recorded Pandya`s statement, Patel said quoting
He further said that Justice Suresh had also submitted
the audio recordings to the Supreme Court-appointed SIT.
Patel in his application requested the commission to
summon Justice Suresh in person with audio recording
containing the statements of Pandya for the purpose of
examination by the panel and cross-examination by the
Pandya, a former minister of state for home in
Gujarat`s BJP government, was shot dead on March 26, 2003,
near Law Garden area of the city when he had gone for a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP