‘Summon retd HC judge before Nanavati panel’
Ahmedabad: Jan Sangarsh Manch (JSM), an NGO working for some victims of 2002 Gujarat riots, on Friday demanded that Justice (retd) H Suresh be summoned for
deposition before Nanavati Commission since he was a member of
the tribunal that had visited the state after post-Godhra
Justice H Suresh, a retired judge of the Bombay High
Court, was a member of the people`s tribunal that had visited
Gujarat after 2002 post-Godhra riots.
JSMs Amarish Patel in his application before the
Nanavati panel today said that he came to know from newspaper
reports that former home minister Haren Pandya had told the
visiting tribunal that Modi had allegedly directed the police
to allow Hindus to vent their anger.
Justice Suresh has said that the tribunal has audio
recorded Pandya`s statement when he had made the allegations,
Patel said in his application.
Former Supreme Court judge PB Sawant was also present
when the panel recorded Pandya`s statement, Patel said quoting
He further said that Justice Suresh had also submitted
the audio recordings to the Supreme Court-appointed SIT.
Patel in his application requested the commission to
summon Justice Suresh in person with audio recording
containing the statements of Pandya for the purpose of
examination by the panel and cross-examination by the
Pandya, a former minister of state for home in
Gujarat`s BJP government, was shot dead on March 26, 2003,
near Law Garden area of the city when he had gone for a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?