Two injured in police action to quell `unruly` mob
Sabarkantha(Gujarat): Atleast two persons sustained injuries when police lobbed tear gas shells and resorted to baton charge for dispersing dairy farmers gathering at Sabar dairy here, officials said.
Police had to use mild force and lob tear gas shells as the dairy farmers gathering at the Sabar dairy`s general meeting turned violent and resorted to brick batting, police officials said.
In the melee, a few policemen also sustained injuries and wind shields of many cars parked inside the dairy premises were broken, they said.
The injured have been taken to hospital for treatment, officials said.
"It was our general meeting today when all the dairy farmers of the union had gathered. The profit has been little low because of which few of them were agitated...Nothing else has happened," Sabarkantha District Cooperative Milk Producers Union chairman Jetha P Patel said.
The dairy is popularly referred to as Sabar dairy.
The agitating union members said that they were not being adequately compensated for milk produce, and they were upset over the high handedness of the management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!