Two women die of swine flu in Rajkot
Rajkot: Two women succumbed to H1N1 virus at Rajkot civil hospital Thursday morning even as Gujarat health secretary met doctors here and formed a rapid action team to control spread of the disease in the city.
Ratanben Savjibhai (55) and Shantaben Bhikhabhai, residents of Gondal town who were admitted to the civil hospital few days back and tested positive for swine flu passed away this morning, hospital sources said.
Meanwhile, state health secretary P K Taneja visited the swine flu ward in the hospital and also met private practitioners to take stock of the situation.
A rapid action team has been formed to create awareness among the people and to control the disease, sources said.
Of the 36 persons admitted to the civil hospital recently, 15 tested positive while reports of 21 are yet to be received, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion