Two women die of swine flu in Rajkot
Rajkot: Two women succumbed to H1N1 virus at Rajkot civil hospital Thursday morning even as Gujarat health secretary met doctors here and formed a rapid action team to control spread of the disease in the city.
Ratanben Savjibhai (55) and Shantaben Bhikhabhai, residents of Gondal town who were admitted to the civil hospital few days back and tested positive for swine flu passed away this morning, hospital sources said.
Meanwhile, state health secretary P K Taneja visited the swine flu ward in the hospital and also met private practitioners to take stock of the situation.
A rapid action team has been formed to create awareness among the people and to control the disease, sources said.
Of the 36 persons admitted to the civil hospital recently, 15 tested positive while reports of 21 are yet to be received, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC