Will try to prod Keshubhai to rethink on resignation: BJP
New Delhi: In the wake of veteran leader Keshubhai Patel`s resignation from the party, BJP today said it will try to prod him to rethink his decision as he is a respected leader who has worked for the party.
"Keshubhai Patel is a veteran and very respected leader. He has resigned from the party. We will persuade him not to take any such step in the interest of the nation and the party. We will meet him and convince him," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
Patel announced his resignation in Ahmedabad today along with another veteran BJP leader Kanshiram Rana. He is likely to announce the launch of a new party tomorrow.
Though Patel is not likely to cause much damage to BJP`s electoral prospects in coming assembly polls, his main target is Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Sources said Patel is not likely to stray from BJP ideology and will focus attack on Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video