Will try to prod Keshubhai to rethink on resignation: BJP
New Delhi: In the wake of veteran leader Keshubhai Patel`s resignation from the party, BJP today said it will try to prod him to rethink his decision as he is a respected leader who has worked for the party.
"Keshubhai Patel is a veteran and very respected leader. He has resigned from the party. We will persuade him not to take any such step in the interest of the nation and the party. We will meet him and convince him," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
Patel announced his resignation in Ahmedabad today along with another veteran BJP leader Kanshiram Rana. He is likely to announce the launch of a new party tomorrow.
Though Patel is not likely to cause much damage to BJP`s electoral prospects in coming assembly polls, his main target is Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Sources said Patel is not likely to stray from BJP ideology and will focus attack on Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city