Will try to prod Keshubhai to rethink on resignation: BJP
New Delhi: In the wake of veteran leader Keshubhai Patel`s resignation from the party, BJP today said it will try to prod him to rethink his decision as he is a respected leader who has worked for the party.
"Keshubhai Patel is a veteran and very respected leader. He has resigned from the party. We will persuade him not to take any such step in the interest of the nation and the party. We will meet him and convince him," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
Patel announced his resignation in Ahmedabad today along with another veteran BJP leader Kanshiram Rana. He is likely to announce the launch of a new party tomorrow.
Though Patel is not likely to cause much damage to BJP`s electoral prospects in coming assembly polls, his main target is Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Sources said Patel is not likely to stray from BJP ideology and will focus attack on Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army