Will try to prod Keshubhai to rethink on resignation: BJP
New Delhi: In the wake of veteran leader Keshubhai Patel`s resignation from the party, BJP today said it will try to prod him to rethink his decision as he is a respected leader who has worked for the party.
"Keshubhai Patel is a veteran and very respected leader. He has resigned from the party. We will persuade him not to take any such step in the interest of the nation and the party. We will meet him and convince him," BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
Patel announced his resignation in Ahmedabad today along with another veteran BJP leader Kanshiram Rana. He is likely to announce the launch of a new party tomorrow.
Though Patel is not likely to cause much damage to BJP`s electoral prospects in coming assembly polls, his main target is Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Sources said Patel is not likely to stray from BJP ideology and will focus attack on Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'