150 criminals convicted in Haryana in fortnight: Police
Chandigarh: As many as 150 criminals have
been convicted and 3,154 accused arrested as against 3,237
cases registered during a fortnight, Haryana Police has
Looted property worth over Rs 2 crore was also recovered
during first fortnight of July, a spokesman of Haryana Police
He said 12 gangs of local criminals and an inter-state
gang involved in various dacoities, robberies, motor vehicle
thefts and burglaries were also nabbed.
The police also arrested 12 proclaimed offenders and 98
people who jumped bail, during the same period.
As many as 276 cases were sorted out by arresting 357
people involved in 1,418 registered cases in property-related
He said the police achieved remarkable progress in
working out 233 cases of murder out of 248 cases registered
and sent 278 accused behind the bars.
Besides, 172 cases out of 191 registered were solved and
187 people arrested for crime against women, including dowry
death, kidnapping, abduction, rape and molestation.
The spokesman said that 281 cases were registered under
the Excise Act and 97 bottles of illicit liquor seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures