150 criminals convicted in Haryana in fortnight: Police
Chandigarh: As many as 150 criminals have
been convicted and 3,154 accused arrested as against 3,237
cases registered during a fortnight, Haryana Police has
Looted property worth over Rs 2 crore was also recovered
during first fortnight of July, a spokesman of Haryana Police
He said 12 gangs of local criminals and an inter-state
gang involved in various dacoities, robberies, motor vehicle
thefts and burglaries were also nabbed.
The police also arrested 12 proclaimed offenders and 98
people who jumped bail, during the same period.
As many as 276 cases were sorted out by arresting 357
people involved in 1,418 registered cases in property-related
He said the police achieved remarkable progress in
working out 233 cases of murder out of 248 cases registered
and sent 278 accused behind the bars.
Besides, 172 cases out of 191 registered were solved and
187 people arrested for crime against women, including dowry
death, kidnapping, abduction, rape and molestation.
The spokesman said that 281 cases were registered under
the Excise Act and 97 bottles of illicit liquor seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today