150 criminals convicted in Haryana in fortnight: Police
Chandigarh: As many as 150 criminals have
been convicted and 3,154 accused arrested as against 3,237
cases registered during a fortnight, Haryana Police has
Looted property worth over Rs 2 crore was also recovered
during first fortnight of July, a spokesman of Haryana Police
He said 12 gangs of local criminals and an inter-state
gang involved in various dacoities, robberies, motor vehicle
thefts and burglaries were also nabbed.
The police also arrested 12 proclaimed offenders and 98
people who jumped bail, during the same period.
As many as 276 cases were sorted out by arresting 357
people involved in 1,418 registered cases in property-related
He said the police achieved remarkable progress in
working out 233 cases of murder out of 248 cases registered
and sent 278 accused behind the bars.
Besides, 172 cases out of 191 registered were solved and
187 people arrested for crime against women, including dowry
death, kidnapping, abduction, rape and molestation.
The spokesman said that 281 cases were registered under
the Excise Act and 97 bottles of illicit liquor seized.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray