150 criminals convicted in Haryana in fortnight: Police
Chandigarh: As many as 150 criminals have
been convicted and 3,154 accused arrested as against 3,237
cases registered during a fortnight, Haryana Police has
Looted property worth over Rs 2 crore was also recovered
during first fortnight of July, a spokesman of Haryana Police
He said 12 gangs of local criminals and an inter-state
gang involved in various dacoities, robberies, motor vehicle
thefts and burglaries were also nabbed.
The police also arrested 12 proclaimed offenders and 98
people who jumped bail, during the same period.
As many as 276 cases were sorted out by arresting 357
people involved in 1,418 registered cases in property-related
He said the police achieved remarkable progress in
working out 233 cases of murder out of 248 cases registered
and sent 278 accused behind the bars.
Besides, 172 cases out of 191 registered were solved and
187 people arrested for crime against women, including dowry
death, kidnapping, abduction, rape and molestation.
The spokesman said that 281 cases were registered under
the Excise Act and 97 bottles of illicit liquor seized.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Real Estate Bill comes into force today
- Facebook India makes removal of offensive content a hard task
- Hundreds of protesters storm Baghdad’s Green Zone, break into Parliament
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO