4-yr-old Mahi in borewell: Rescue on, hope dims
Gurgaon: Hopes of the survival of four-year old girl Mahi dimmed on Friday even as frantic efforts are on to rescue her. Mahi fell into a borewell in Kho village near Manesar.
Army and Rapid Metro personnel are drilling a parallel pit to the 70-feet-deep borewell where the child has fallen.
Oxygen is being pumped in the borewell to help the child. A camera was lowered into the borewell to find out the condition of the child, but it did not provide any significant detail.
Her father Neeraj said, “For two hours the child kept crying inside the borewell, asking for help but now she is not responding to any calls.”
Mahi was celebrating her fourth birthday and was playing with children outside the home near the borewell when she suddenly fell into it at 11 pm on Wednesday.
Nearby residents have also been asked to vacate their houses as a precautionary measure while the rescue operation continues.
Meanwhile, Gurgaon`s district magistrate PC Meena has ordered a judicial enquiry to be carried out by Additional Deputy Commissioner to probe into the digging of an illegal borewell.
An FIR under various sections of IPC has been registered against local resident Rotash Tayal, who illegally dug the borewell.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?