66 companies of CPMF for Haryana LS Polls
Chandigarh: Sixty-six companies of Central Para Military Forces would be deployed in Haryana to ensure peace and smooth polling to the 10 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state on April 10, the Election Commission said on Thursday.
Haryana Chief Electoral Officer Shrikant Walgad said in a statement here that all arrangements have been made for conducting the general elections.
The companies of the CPMF would be deployed in all the 90 segments of the 10 Lok Sabha constituencies for which 1.55 crore voters, including 71 lakh women, would cast their votes at 16,129 polling stations, he said.
Out of 16,129 polling stations, 11,644 are located in rural areas, the CEO said.
He said that sensitive and hypersensitive polling stations have been identified and security companies were being deputed in consultation with the Deputy Commissioners and Nodal Officers of Police.
Notification for Lok Sabha elections to be held on April 10 would be issued on March 15 and the process of nominations would close on March 22, he said.
Walgad said that scrutiny would take place the next day and the last date of withdrawals is March 26 when the final picture of contestants would be emerged.
He said that voter awareness campaign had also been launched to motivate voters to exercise their franchise.
Well-known badminton player Saina Nehwal and TV actress Meghna Malik are the national and state icons respectively for the purpose, he said.
He said that permission of three vehicles would be granted to the candidate`s convoy while filing the nomination paper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next