66 companies of CPMF for Haryana LS Polls
Chandigarh: Sixty-six companies of Central Para Military Forces would be deployed in Haryana to ensure peace and smooth polling to the 10 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state on April 10, the Election Commission said on Thursday.
Haryana Chief Electoral Officer Shrikant Walgad said in a statement here that all arrangements have been made for conducting the general elections.
The companies of the CPMF would be deployed in all the 90 segments of the 10 Lok Sabha constituencies for which 1.55 crore voters, including 71 lakh women, would cast their votes at 16,129 polling stations, he said.
Out of 16,129 polling stations, 11,644 are located in rural areas, the CEO said.
He said that sensitive and hypersensitive polling stations have been identified and security companies were being deputed in consultation with the Deputy Commissioners and Nodal Officers of Police.
Notification for Lok Sabha elections to be held on April 10 would be issued on March 15 and the process of nominations would close on March 22, he said.
Walgad said that scrutiny would take place the next day and the last date of withdrawals is March 26 when the final picture of contestants would be emerged.
He said that voter awareness campaign had also been launched to motivate voters to exercise their franchise.
Well-known badminton player Saina Nehwal and TV actress Meghna Malik are the national and state icons respectively for the purpose, he said.
He said that permission of three vehicles would be granted to the candidate`s convoy while filing the nomination paper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen