Another minor raped in Haryana
Chandigarh: In yet another incident of sexual assault on women in Haryana, a minor girl has allegedly been raped in Jagadhri town of Yamunanagar district, compelling the rattled state government to constitute a committee.
The 16-year-old girl, who belongs to a weaker section of society, was allegedly raped by a youth known to her in Bhadeli village of the district on Tuesday evening. However, the matter was reported on Wednesday.
The youth took her in his car on Tuesday evening and on the way one more person joined him.
"The two accused then took the girl to nearby fields and raped her," said Mitesh Jain, Superintendent of Police Yamunanagar.
Both the accused were arrested today.
"The complaint was lodged by the victim`s family yesterday and the two accused were arrested today," said Jain.
The Haryana government today formed a three-member committee at district level to investigate, monitor and ensure speedy prosecution of such crimes.
This incident comes in series of such horrific incidents against women during the past one month.
During the past three days, two minor girls were allegedly raped in Rohtak district while a mentally challenged woman was sexually assaulted in Jind.
Prior to these incidents, a 19-year-old newly married woman of Banwasa village in Sonepat`s Gohana was gangraped.
Earlier, a rape incident took place in Hisar on September 9, where a Dalit teenage girl was gangraped in Dabra village.
After the Dabra gangrape incident, a married woman was gangraped in a Jind village, a teenage girl was gangraped by some youths in Gohana in Sonepat district while another teenage girl was raped in a moving jeep in Bhiwani district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs