Another minor raped in Haryana
Chandigarh: In yet another incident of sexual assault on women in Haryana, a minor girl has allegedly been raped in Jagadhri town of Yamunanagar district, compelling the rattled state government to constitute a committee.
The 16-year-old girl, who belongs to a weaker section of society, was allegedly raped by a youth known to her in Bhadeli village of the district on Tuesday evening. However, the matter was reported on Wednesday.
The youth took her in his car on Tuesday evening and on the way one more person joined him.
"The two accused then took the girl to nearby fields and raped her," said Mitesh Jain, Superintendent of Police Yamunanagar.
Both the accused were arrested today.
"The complaint was lodged by the victim`s family yesterday and the two accused were arrested today," said Jain.
The Haryana government today formed a three-member committee at district level to investigate, monitor and ensure speedy prosecution of such crimes.
This incident comes in series of such horrific incidents against women during the past one month.
During the past three days, two minor girls were allegedly raped in Rohtak district while a mentally challenged woman was sexually assaulted in Jind.
Prior to these incidents, a 19-year-old newly married woman of Banwasa village in Sonepat`s Gohana was gangraped.
Earlier, a rape incident took place in Hisar on September 9, where a Dalit teenage girl was gangraped in Dabra village.
After the Dabra gangrape incident, a married woman was gangraped in a Jind village, a teenage girl was gangraped by some youths in Gohana in Sonepat district while another teenage girl was raped in a moving jeep in Bhiwani district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof