Charged framed against 2 Haryana MLAs in abetment of suicide case
Chandigarh: A CBI court has framed charges against two Haryana sitting MLAs and one other in connection with a case of abetment of suicide of a former village head in Karnal district of the state.
The charges under Section 306 (abetment of suicide) of the IPC were framed by Panchkula`s CBI judge RK Yadav yesterday.
The Court framed charges against Haryana MLAs Zile Ram Sharma and Om Parkash Jain and Jain`s Personal Assistant Rajinder Sharma for alleged abetment of suicide of Karam Singh, former sarpanch of Kambopura village in Haryana`s Karnal district.
While Jain is an Independent MLA and former Minister, Sharma is a Congress legislator and former Chief Parliamentary Secretary (CPS).
In a 31-page charge sheet, the CBI has explained how the accused ran a cash for job racket.
Sharma and Jain are lodged in Ambala central jail. On September 21 last year that the three had surrendered before the court.
Karam Singh was found dead on June 7, 2011, a day after he had lodged a complaint against the two MLAs for allegedly duping him and his relatives of Rs 13 lakh with the promise of getting them government jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love