Chartered plane crashes in Faridabad; 12 killed
Faridabad: A small chartered plane, carrying seven people, including two pilots onboard crashed into a residential area in Faridabad at the outskirts of the national capital on Wednesday night.
Twelve people -- 7 on board and 5 on the ground -- are reportedly killed. The number of casualties could rise, reports say.
The PC-12 single-engine turbo-prop aircraft was flying from Patna to Delhi. It was rushing a critically ill patient for medical treatment.
The civil chartered plane crashed on the roof of a building in the Parvatiya Colony near the Air Force Station at around 2235 hours, official sources said.
The reason of the crash has not been revealed. Reports, however say the plane could have crashed because of technical reasons.
Fire brigade, police and officials of DGCA have rushed to the spot. The entire area has been cordoned off. Rescue operations were underway and assessment of the damage would be done as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie