Chartered plane crashes in Faridabad; 12 killed
Faridabad: A small chartered plane, carrying seven people, including two pilots onboard crashed into a residential area in Faridabad at the outskirts of the national capital on Wednesday night.
Twelve people -- 7 on board and 5 on the ground -- are reportedly killed. The number of casualties could rise, reports say.
The PC-12 single-engine turbo-prop aircraft was flying from Patna to Delhi. It was rushing a critically ill patient for medical treatment.
The civil chartered plane crashed on the roof of a building in the Parvatiya Colony near the Air Force Station at around 2235 hours, official sources said.
The reason of the crash has not been revealed. Reports, however say the plane could have crashed because of technical reasons.
Fire brigade, police and officials of DGCA have rushed to the spot. The entire area has been cordoned off. Rescue operations were underway and assessment of the damage would be done as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender