Chartered plane crashes in Faridabad; 12 killed
Faridabad: A small chartered plane, carrying seven people, including two pilots onboard crashed into a residential area in Faridabad at the outskirts of the national capital on Wednesday night.
Twelve people -- 7 on board and 5 on the ground -- are reportedly killed. The number of casualties could rise, reports say.
The PC-12 single-engine turbo-prop aircraft was flying from Patna to Delhi. It was rushing a critically ill patient for medical treatment.
The civil chartered plane crashed on the roof of a building in the Parvatiya Colony near the Air Force Station at around 2235 hours, official sources said.
The reason of the crash has not been revealed. Reports, however say the plane could have crashed because of technical reasons.
Fire brigade, police and officials of DGCA have rushed to the spot. The entire area has been cordoned off. Rescue operations were underway and assessment of the damage would be done as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic
- Updated WhatsApp with 'call back', voice mail, video calling features coming soon!
- Ancient Hindu temple reopens after 27 years in Srinagar, Kashmiri Pandits jubilant
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics