Chartered plane crashes in Faridabad; 12 killed
Faridabad: A small chartered plane, carrying seven people, including two pilots onboard crashed into a residential area in Faridabad at the outskirts of the national capital on Wednesday night.
Twelve people -- 7 on board and 5 on the ground -- are reportedly killed. The number of casualties could rise, reports say.
The PC-12 single-engine turbo-prop aircraft was flying from Patna to Delhi. It was rushing a critically ill patient for medical treatment.
The civil chartered plane crashed on the roof of a building in the Parvatiya Colony near the Air Force Station at around 2235 hours, official sources said.
The reason of the crash has not been revealed. Reports, however say the plane could have crashed because of technical reasons.
Fire brigade, police and officials of DGCA have rushed to the spot. The entire area has been cordoned off. Rescue operations were underway and assessment of the damage would be done as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan