Cooking cost under midday meal scheme raised
Chandigarh: The cooking cost offered under the midday meal scheme by Haryana government to all primary and upper primary schools will be raised by 7.5 per cent from next month.
The cooking cost would be admissible at the rate of Rs 3.59 per day per child in all primary schools and Rs 5.38 per day per child in all upper primary schools in the state from July 1, Haryana Education Minister Geeta Bhukkal said in a release today.
Earlier, cooking cost was Rs 3.34 per day per child in all primary schools and Rs 5 per day per child in all upper primary schools.
The Minister said over 20.29 lakh students were being covered under the scheme in the state which includes over 12.56 lakh of primary schools, over 7.65 lakh of upper primary, and 7629 under National Child Labour Project.
She also said that mid-day meal scheme is being implemented efficiently and children were being provided with balanced diet in all government schools in the state.
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day
- Breathtaking! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' teaser 2 introduces Anushka Sharma as 'Aarfa' – Watch
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor