Cooking cost under midday meal scheme raised
Chandigarh: The cooking cost offered under the midday meal scheme by Haryana government to all primary and upper primary schools will be raised by 7.5 per cent from next month.
The cooking cost would be admissible at the rate of Rs 3.59 per day per child in all primary schools and Rs 5.38 per day per child in all upper primary schools in the state from July 1, Haryana Education Minister Geeta Bhukkal said in a release today.
Earlier, cooking cost was Rs 3.34 per day per child in all primary schools and Rs 5 per day per child in all upper primary schools.
The Minister said over 20.29 lakh students were being covered under the scheme in the state which includes over 12.56 lakh of primary schools, over 7.65 lakh of upper primary, and 7629 under National Child Labour Project.
She also said that mid-day meal scheme is being implemented efficiently and children were being provided with balanced diet in all government schools in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa