CWG honour: INLD accuses Hooda govt of playing politics
Chandigarh: The Opposition INLD on Saturday
charged the Congress government in Haryana of playing politics
in the name of honouring Delhi Commonwealth Games medallists
from the state on November 1.
"Chief Minister (Bhupinder Singh Hooda) could have kept a
function at his residence and honoured them, but their real
intention is not to honour the players, but furthering their
own political interests," INLD Secretary General, Ajay Singh
Chautala told reporters here.
Sportspersons from Haryana bagged a rich haul of medals
at the Delhi CWG, helping the country finish at number two
spot in the mega sporting event.
The winners of gold medal at the Games would be given Rs
15 lakh and a Maruti Gold SX 4, the silver medalist would be
given Rs 10 lakh, a Swift car while the bronze medalists will
get Rs 5 lakh and a Maruti WagonR at a state-level rally named
`Chak De Haryana-Chak De India` .
The rally would be organised on Haryana Day on November 1
at Sports School Rai in Sonepat district to honour the medal
winners, Hooda had announced here recently.
The coach of the gold, silver and bronze medal winner
would be given Rs three lakh, Rs two lakh and Rs one lakh
Chautala said his party has decided to honour the players
on January 1 next year and added that INLD is organising a
separate rally to mark the birth anniversary of late Deputy
Prime Minister Devi Lal at Gurgaon on November 1, the day
Haryana was carved out as a separate state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details