CWG honour: INLD accuses Hooda govt of playing politics
Chandigarh: The Opposition INLD on Saturday
charged the Congress government in Haryana of playing politics
in the name of honouring Delhi Commonwealth Games medallists
from the state on November 1.
"Chief Minister (Bhupinder Singh Hooda) could have kept a
function at his residence and honoured them, but their real
intention is not to honour the players, but furthering their
own political interests," INLD Secretary General, Ajay Singh
Chautala told reporters here.
Sportspersons from Haryana bagged a rich haul of medals
at the Delhi CWG, helping the country finish at number two
spot in the mega sporting event.
The winners of gold medal at the Games would be given Rs
15 lakh and a Maruti Gold SX 4, the silver medalist would be
given Rs 10 lakh, a Swift car while the bronze medalists will
get Rs 5 lakh and a Maruti WagonR at a state-level rally named
`Chak De Haryana-Chak De India` .
The rally would be organised on Haryana Day on November 1
at Sports School Rai in Sonepat district to honour the medal
winners, Hooda had announced here recently.
The coach of the gold, silver and bronze medal winner
would be given Rs three lakh, Rs two lakh and Rs one lakh
Chautala said his party has decided to honour the players
on January 1 next year and added that INLD is organising a
separate rally to mark the birth anniversary of late Deputy
Prime Minister Devi Lal at Gurgaon on November 1, the day
Haryana was carved out as a separate state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...