CWG honour: INLD accuses Hooda govt of playing politics
Chandigarh: The Opposition INLD on Saturday
charged the Congress government in Haryana of playing politics
in the name of honouring Delhi Commonwealth Games medallists
from the state on November 1.
"Chief Minister (Bhupinder Singh Hooda) could have kept a
function at his residence and honoured them, but their real
intention is not to honour the players, but furthering their
own political interests," INLD Secretary General, Ajay Singh
Chautala told reporters here.
Sportspersons from Haryana bagged a rich haul of medals
at the Delhi CWG, helping the country finish at number two
spot in the mega sporting event.
The winners of gold medal at the Games would be given Rs
15 lakh and a Maruti Gold SX 4, the silver medalist would be
given Rs 10 lakh, a Swift car while the bronze medalists will
get Rs 5 lakh and a Maruti WagonR at a state-level rally named
`Chak De Haryana-Chak De India` .
The rally would be organised on Haryana Day on November 1
at Sports School Rai in Sonepat district to honour the medal
winners, Hooda had announced here recently.
The coach of the gold, silver and bronze medal winner
would be given Rs three lakh, Rs two lakh and Rs one lakh
Chautala said his party has decided to honour the players
on January 1 next year and added that INLD is organising a
separate rally to mark the birth anniversary of late Deputy
Prime Minister Devi Lal at Gurgaon on November 1, the day
Haryana was carved out as a separate state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda