Dalit teen gangraped in Haryana; four arrested
Chandigarh: The Haryana police on Sunday arrested all four accused in the Jind gangrape case.
According to CNN-IBN, the accused also included a woman, who stood on a terrace to keep watch while the incident took place.
On Saturday, a 16-year-old girl set herself on fire after she was gangraped by two people in Jind district, police said. She later died of burn injuries.
The girl, who was from the Balmiki community, had told the police that she was dragged by one Pradeep into his house in Sachhakhera village and raped. One Naveen also raped her, she had said.
A third man, Sanjeev, had bolted the house`s door to stop her from escaping while Pradeep`s sister-in-law Meenu stood guard while the incident took place, she had said in her complaint.
After she was raped, the girl went home and sprinkled kerosene on her body and set herself on fire, police said.
She was taken to a hospital in Jind from where she was referred to Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS) in Rohtak. She later died at PGIMS.
All the four accused are from the Balmiki community.
Haryana has seen over 10 rape cases in the past one month.
(With IANS inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India