Dalit teen gangraped in Haryana; four arrested
Chandigarh: The Haryana police on Sunday arrested all four accused in the Jind gangrape case.
According to CNN-IBN, the accused also included a woman, who stood on a terrace to keep watch while the incident took place.
On Saturday, a 16-year-old girl set herself on fire after she was gangraped by two people in Jind district, police said. She later died of burn injuries.
The girl, who was from the Balmiki community, had told the police that she was dragged by one Pradeep into his house in Sachhakhera village and raped. One Naveen also raped her, she had said.
A third man, Sanjeev, had bolted the house`s door to stop her from escaping while Pradeep`s sister-in-law Meenu stood guard while the incident took place, she had said in her complaint.
After she was raped, the girl went home and sprinkled kerosene on her body and set herself on fire, police said.
She was taken to a hospital in Jind from where she was referred to Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS) in Rohtak. She later died at PGIMS.
All the four accused are from the Balmiki community.
Haryana has seen over 10 rape cases in the past one month.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'