Faridabad: 5000 residents protest against demolition of colonies
Faridabad: Over 5000 residents of the
colonies situated around the IAF sub-station held a
`Mahapanchayat` in Faridabad on Sunday to protest against the Punjab and
Haryana High Court order for demolition of the houses within
the 100 m radius of the installation.
The Mahapanchayat decided to put forward their
argument in the high court on the issue.
The High Court, while hearing a PIL on February 3,
ordered the administration to demolish the houses located
within the 100 m radius of the station by March 31.
The administration was also ordered by the Court to
submit to it a report on the implementation of it`s order by
However, the residents of the colonies, who are living
here for last 25 to 30 years, said they will do everything in
their capacity to stop the demolition of their houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!