Faridabad: 5000 residents protest against demolition of colonies
Faridabad: Over 5000 residents of the
colonies situated around the IAF sub-station held a
`Mahapanchayat` in Faridabad on Sunday to protest against the Punjab and
Haryana High Court order for demolition of the houses within
the 100 m radius of the installation.
The Mahapanchayat decided to put forward their
argument in the high court on the issue.
The High Court, while hearing a PIL on February 3,
ordered the administration to demolish the houses located
within the 100 m radius of the station by March 31.
The administration was also ordered by the Court to
submit to it a report on the implementation of it`s order by
However, the residents of the colonies, who are living
here for last 25 to 30 years, said they will do everything in
their capacity to stop the demolition of their houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say