Faridabad: 5000 residents protest against demolition of colonies
Faridabad: Over 5000 residents of the
colonies situated around the IAF sub-station held a
`Mahapanchayat` in Faridabad on Sunday to protest against the Punjab and
Haryana High Court order for demolition of the houses within
the 100 m radius of the installation.
The Mahapanchayat decided to put forward their
argument in the high court on the issue.
The High Court, while hearing a PIL on February 3,
ordered the administration to demolish the houses located
within the 100 m radius of the station by March 31.
The administration was also ordered by the Court to
submit to it a report on the implementation of it`s order by
However, the residents of the colonies, who are living
here for last 25 to 30 years, said they will do everything in
their capacity to stop the demolition of their houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narendra Modi's silence on Dalit assault devaluation of PM's post: Congress
- Financial weakness hindering domestic airlines' international expansion
- Dr Reddy's net plunges 76 per cent in Q1
- Roger Federer to miss Rio games
- French President Francois Hollande rejects opposition calls to harden terror laws