Faridabad: 5000 residents protest against demolition of colonies
Faridabad: Over 5000 residents of the
colonies situated around the IAF sub-station held a
`Mahapanchayat` in Faridabad on Sunday to protest against the Punjab and
Haryana High Court order for demolition of the houses within
the 100 m radius of the installation.
The Mahapanchayat decided to put forward their
argument in the high court on the issue.
The High Court, while hearing a PIL on February 3,
ordered the administration to demolish the houses located
within the 100 m radius of the station by March 31.
The administration was also ordered by the Court to
submit to it a report on the implementation of it`s order by
However, the residents of the colonies, who are living
here for last 25 to 30 years, said they will do everything in
their capacity to stop the demolition of their houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees