Four injured as fresh tension breaks out in Hisar
Hisar: Less than two months after
the torching of Dalit houses which claimed two lives, fresh
clashes have broken out between two groups leaving four
persons injured in firing and stone-pelting at Surya Nagar
The trouble started Monday night when a motorcyclist hit a
buffalo in a by-lane following which members of a particular
community sealed two by-lanes, triggering clashes between the
two armed rival groups, police said.
Superintendent of Police Subhah Yadav visited the area
and held a meeting between the rival groups in a bid to defuse
tension, but it failed to arrive at a solution, they said.
Heavy police deployment was made in the area to prevent
any untoward incident.
The injured were hospitalised and a case was taken
against unknown persons, they said, adding no arrests have been made.
On April 21, a 70-year-old Dalit and his teenaged
physically-challenged daughter were burnt alive when members
of another community set afire several Dalit houses in
Mirchpur village here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof