Four injured as fresh tension breaks out in Hisar
Hisar: Less than two months after
the torching of Dalit houses which claimed two lives, fresh
clashes have broken out between two groups leaving four
persons injured in firing and stone-pelting at Surya Nagar
The trouble started Monday night when a motorcyclist hit a
buffalo in a by-lane following which members of a particular
community sealed two by-lanes, triggering clashes between the
two armed rival groups, police said.
Superintendent of Police Subhah Yadav visited the area
and held a meeting between the rival groups in a bid to defuse
tension, but it failed to arrive at a solution, they said.
Heavy police deployment was made in the area to prevent
any untoward incident.
The injured were hospitalised and a case was taken
against unknown persons, they said, adding no arrests have been made.
On April 21, a 70-year-old Dalit and his teenaged
physically-challenged daughter were burnt alive when members
of another community set afire several Dalit houses in
Mirchpur village here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000