Geetika Sharma suicide: Kanda`s bail plea dismissed
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday dismissed the bail plea of former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, an accused in former air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case.
District and Additional Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria refused to grant bail to Kanda, who had moved the application for bail plea on Wednesday.
Earlier, his anticipatory bail plea was rejected by the trial court and Delhi HC, following which he surrendered before police
The sitting Haryana MLA was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police, 13 days after Geetika was found dead in her Ashok Vihar house in North West Delhi.
In her August 4 suicide note, 23-year-old Geetika said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha. Both Kanda and Chaddha have been accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide.
However, Kanda has been reiterating before the court that no case of abeting suicide is made out against him and that Geetika was "hypersensitive" and the extreme act on her part was that of a "confused and frustrated individual".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam