Geetika Sharma suicide: Kanda`s bail plea dismissed
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday dismissed the bail plea of former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, an accused in former air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case.
District and Additional Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria refused to grant bail to Kanda, who had moved the application for bail plea on Wednesday.
Earlier, his anticipatory bail plea was rejected by the trial court and Delhi HC, following which he surrendered before police
The sitting Haryana MLA was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police, 13 days after Geetika was found dead in her Ashok Vihar house in North West Delhi.
In her August 4 suicide note, 23-year-old Geetika said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha. Both Kanda and Chaddha have been accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide.
However, Kanda has been reiterating before the court that no case of abeting suicide is made out against him and that Geetika was "hypersensitive" and the extreme act on her part was that of a "confused and frustrated individual".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic