Haryana acquired cheaper power in June 2009
Chandigarh: To meet requirements of
electricity consumers in the state, the Uttar Haryana Bijli
Vitran Nigam (UHBVN) and the Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitran
Nigam (DHBVN) purchased 29188.11 lakh units of electricity at
cheaper prices, from different sources in June this year.
The state electricity managing director Arun Kumar said
in a release today that UHBVN and DHBVN had purchased 29443.55
lakh units of power at a cost of Rs. 1014.58 crore during June
Kumar said the State was making all the efforts to
arrange power through banking arrangement for the consumers
instead of its purchase on comparatively higher rates on
purchase through power traders on short term basis.
This reflected in lower average cost for each unit of
electricity, which was Rs 3.45. Thus, the distribution
companies spent Rs 95.92 crore less as compared to June 2009,
He said more than one third of the total power to
the State?s kitty was contributed by the Haryana Power
Generation Corporation Ltd`s (HPGCL) power stations. The
tentative rate per unit of the power produced by the HPGCL
power generating units was Rs 3.08 during June, 2010.
It also said bank arrangements made by the UHBVN and DHBVN
to procure over 700 MW power daily from Tamil Nadu, HPSEB,
Assam and Orissa helped reduce electricity buying expenses.
No transaction to arrange electricity through Power
Exchange was made by the Discoms last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!