Haryana: Former judge moves court against his estranged wife
New Delhi: A former judge from Harayana has
approached a city court for direction to police to register an
FIR against his estranged wife, who is a magistrate here, for
allegedly concealing the fact of her marriage while joining
the Delhi Judicial Services in January last year.
Metropolitan Magistrate Arun Kumar has asked the Tilak
Marg police to inform the court by October 6 the action taken
so far on a criminal complaint filed by the former civil judge
from Bhiwani for registration of FIR on the charge of cheating
and false declaration against his wife.
Appearing for the complainant, counsel Amit Sahni said
the police had failed to act on his client`s complaint as his
wife is a metropolitan magistrate here.
The counsel submitted she was married to his client when
she got selected for Delhi Judicial Services in January last
year but lied before the High Court and sought extension of
time to join the new job.
Both of them got married at an Arya samaj temple in Delhi
in January 2009 when she was posted as a judge in Faridabad
and his client was a civil judge in Bhiwani, the lawyer said.
According to the counsel, the wife had written a letter
to the Registrar General of Delhi High Court projecting
herself as unmarried and sought extension of time to join the
new job which was granted by the Registrar.
"The accused made false declaration to the Delhi High
Court knowing the same to be false. The conduct of the accused
clearly reveals the commission of offence punishable under
section 200 of IPC, the lawyer said".
"How can she claim to be unmarried when a divorce
petition is also pending in a family court in Delhi and
following her complaint to Punjab and Harayana High Court
against her husband, his client was terminated from service,"
the counsel said.
The court has fixed October 6 as the next date for
hearing of the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants