Haryana govt approves Ordinance on Gurgaon civic poll
Chandigarh: The Haryana cabinet on Wednesday
approved an ordinance to extend by another six months the
period for conducting first elections to the Municipal
Corporation of Gurgaon.
The period for conducting the first election has now been
extended to December 2, 2010.
The Municipal Corporation, Gurgaon was constituted by the
state government through a notification on June 2, 2008.
Therefore, the first election of this Corporation was to be
conducted before December 2, 2008 which could not be held as
work regarding delimitation of wards of the Corporation was
unfinished due to various reasons, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter