Haryana govt approves Ordinance on Gurgaon civic poll
Chandigarh: The Haryana cabinet on Wednesday
approved an ordinance to extend by another six months the
period for conducting first elections to the Municipal
Corporation of Gurgaon.
The period for conducting the first election has now been
extended to December 2, 2010.
The Municipal Corporation, Gurgaon was constituted by the
state government through a notification on June 2, 2008.
Therefore, the first election of this Corporation was to be
conducted before December 2, 2008 which could not be held as
work regarding delimitation of wards of the Corporation was
unfinished due to various reasons, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack