Haryana govt approves Ordinance on Gurgaon civic poll
Chandigarh: The Haryana cabinet on Wednesday
approved an ordinance to extend by another six months the
period for conducting first elections to the Municipal
Corporation of Gurgaon.
The period for conducting the first election has now been
extended to December 2, 2010.
The Municipal Corporation, Gurgaon was constituted by the
state government through a notification on June 2, 2008.
Therefore, the first election of this Corporation was to be
conducted before December 2, 2008 which could not be held as
work regarding delimitation of wards of the Corporation was
unfinished due to various reasons, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest