Haryana govt approves Ordinance on Gurgaon civic poll
Chandigarh: The Haryana cabinet on Wednesday
approved an ordinance to extend by another six months the
period for conducting first elections to the Municipal
Corporation of Gurgaon.
The period for conducting the first election has now been
extended to December 2, 2010.
The Municipal Corporation, Gurgaon was constituted by the
state government through a notification on June 2, 2008.
Therefore, the first election of this Corporation was to be
conducted before December 2, 2008 which could not be held as
work regarding delimitation of wards of the Corporation was
unfinished due to various reasons, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing