Haryana govt approves Ordinance on Gurgaon civic poll
Chandigarh: The Haryana cabinet on Wednesday
approved an ordinance to extend by another six months the
period for conducting first elections to the Municipal
Corporation of Gurgaon.
The period for conducting the first election has now been
extended to December 2, 2010.
The Municipal Corporation, Gurgaon was constituted by the
state government through a notification on June 2, 2008.
Therefore, the first election of this Corporation was to be
conducted before December 2, 2008 which could not be held as
work regarding delimitation of wards of the Corporation was
unfinished due to various reasons, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Indians wildly celebrating two 'losing' medals? This British journalist terms it EMBARRASSING!
- Driverless cars on the horizon, but India far from ready
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte says Southeast Asia will insist China respects sea ruling
- PC shipment grew 7.2% in Q2 2016, HP leads: IDC
- Army asks police to find if drones being flown in Andaman and Nicobar Islands