Haryana govt launches women helpline
Chandigarh: Concerned over the spate of rape cases in Haryana, the state police on Friday launched a toll free helpline for women to take prompt action against culprits.
An official spokesman today said a toll free helpline number 1091 has been installed at police headquarters in every district.
He said any woman, either on the happening of any incident or on the possibility of any crime, could contact the number.
On getting the information, police officials would provide every possible assistance to the victim without any delay and nab the culprits instantly.
The state has witnessed around 20 cases of rape in the past one month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy