Haryana govt launches women helpline
Chandigarh: Concerned over the spate of rape cases in Haryana, the state police on Friday launched a toll free helpline for women to take prompt action against culprits.
An official spokesman today said a toll free helpline number 1091 has been installed at police headquarters in every district.
He said any woman, either on the happening of any incident or on the possibility of any crime, could contact the number.
On getting the information, police officials would provide every possible assistance to the victim without any delay and nab the culprits instantly.
The state has witnessed around 20 cases of rape in the past one month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone