Haryana govt launches women helpline
Chandigarh: Concerned over the spate of rape cases in Haryana, the state police on Friday launched a toll free helpline for women to take prompt action against culprits.
An official spokesman today said a toll free helpline number 1091 has been installed at police headquarters in every district.
He said any woman, either on the happening of any incident or on the possibility of any crime, could contact the number.
On getting the information, police officials would provide every possible assistance to the victim without any delay and nab the culprits instantly.
The state has witnessed around 20 cases of rape in the past one month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena