Haryana seeks special package from Centre on drought
Ambala: Haryana has sought a special package from the Centre to deal with drought-like conditions prevailing in the state, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Tuesday.
He said Haryana has put forward the demand to the Centre recently.
The state faces monsoon rainfall deficiency of nearly 71 per cent so far and yesterday main opposition, INLD, had urged the government to declare the state as drought-hit.
Hooda said the state government had sent a written communication to the central government to seek the special package.
The state government has also mentioned the increased expenditure of electricity in a recent letter addressed to the central government, Hooda told reporters here.
The Chief Minister said he would not let crops of farmers wither away for want of water.
The government is prepared to meet any eventuality, he added.
In reply to another question, Hooda said a survey was being conducted to regularise unauthorised colonies in the state and those fulfilling the prescribed norms would soon be regularised.
On power shortage facing the state, the Chief Minister said the present power crisis was not only of Haryana but of the entire country.
"The problem has aggravated due to snag in the northern grid. Although power generation has increased in the last few years, the demand has also gone up," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks