Haryana seeks special package from Centre on drought
Ambala: Haryana has sought a special package from the Centre to deal with drought-like conditions prevailing in the state, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Tuesday.
He said Haryana has put forward the demand to the Centre recently.
The state faces monsoon rainfall deficiency of nearly 71 per cent so far and yesterday main opposition, INLD, had urged the government to declare the state as drought-hit.
Hooda said the state government had sent a written communication to the central government to seek the special package.
The state government has also mentioned the increased expenditure of electricity in a recent letter addressed to the central government, Hooda told reporters here.
The Chief Minister said he would not let crops of farmers wither away for want of water.
The government is prepared to meet any eventuality, he added.
In reply to another question, Hooda said a survey was being conducted to regularise unauthorised colonies in the state and those fulfilling the prescribed norms would soon be regularised.
On power shortage facing the state, the Chief Minister said the present power crisis was not only of Haryana but of the entire country.
"The problem has aggravated due to snag in the northern grid. Although power generation has increased in the last few years, the demand has also gone up," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried