Haryana taking steps to check spread of swine flu; toll 38
Chandigarh: Haryana Government is taking effective steps to check spread of swine flu in the state, where 38 persons have died of the disease since January and 373 cases reported positive.
Of the total positive cases so far, 93 patients have been treated and discharged from hospitals, a spokesman of the Health Department said here on Sunday.
He said 38 persons have lost their lives due to the H1N1 since January, out of which a maximum of seven deaths have been reported from Sirsa district, followed by Faridabad (6), Panchkula and Karnal (4 each) and Bhiwani, Gurgaon and Kurukshetra (3 each).
The spokesman urged the people to cooperate with health authorities and in case of any symptoms of the disease, they should contact the nearest health institution of the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional