Haryana taking steps to check spread of swine flu; toll 38
Chandigarh: Haryana Government is taking effective steps to check spread of swine flu in the state, where 38 persons have died of the disease since January and 373 cases reported positive.
Of the total positive cases so far, 93 patients have been treated and discharged from hospitals, a spokesman of the Health Department said here on Sunday.
He said 38 persons have lost their lives due to the H1N1 since January, out of which a maximum of seven deaths have been reported from Sirsa district, followed by Faridabad (6), Panchkula and Karnal (4 each) and Bhiwani, Gurgaon and Kurukshetra (3 each).
The spokesman urged the people to cooperate with health authorities and in case of any symptoms of the disease, they should contact the nearest health institution of the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’