Haryana teachers to protest on Nov 19 for promotions
Hisar: College teachers in Haryana will on November 19 stage dharnas at their respective campuses against the "indifferent" attitude of the state government towards their demand for regular promotions.
On the call of the Haryana Federation of University and College Teachers Organization (HFUCTO), the teaching staff of colleges will stage the dharnas to express resentment against "indifferent" attitude of the state government, HFUCTO General Secretary Attar Singh said here today.
A state-level dharna will also be staged in front of the office of Higher Education at Panchkula on November 26 as part of the agitation, he said.
HFUCTO has written many letters to Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Haryana for his intervention to remove stagnation in the career of the teachers and give them promotions, but nothing has been done in this regard, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- India bowled with a lot of discipline, says Kraigg Brathwaite
- Time's up for VHS! Last company making VCRs to stop its production this month
- RIP Tiger: Retired police dog who helped in detecting bombs during 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks passes away
- Four including child dead after shooting in Texas apartment complex
- GST listing in Rajya Sabha likely this week, Arun Jaitley to meet state FMs