Haryana teachers to protest on Nov 19 for promotions
Hisar: College teachers in Haryana will on November 19 stage dharnas at their respective campuses against the "indifferent" attitude of the state government towards their demand for regular promotions.
On the call of the Haryana Federation of University and College Teachers Organization (HFUCTO), the teaching staff of colleges will stage the dharnas to express resentment against "indifferent" attitude of the state government, HFUCTO General Secretary Attar Singh said here today.
A state-level dharna will also be staged in front of the office of Higher Education at Panchkula on November 26 as part of the agitation, he said.
HFUCTO has written many letters to Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Haryana for his intervention to remove stagnation in the career of the teachers and give them promotions, but nothing has been done in this regard, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users