Haryana teachers to protest on Nov 19 for promotions
Hisar: College teachers in Haryana will on November 19 stage dharnas at their respective campuses against the "indifferent" attitude of the state government towards their demand for regular promotions.
On the call of the Haryana Federation of University and College Teachers Organization (HFUCTO), the teaching staff of colleges will stage the dharnas to express resentment against "indifferent" attitude of the state government, HFUCTO General Secretary Attar Singh said here today.
A state-level dharna will also be staged in front of the office of Higher Education at Panchkula on November 26 as part of the agitation, he said.
HFUCTO has written many letters to Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Haryana for his intervention to remove stagnation in the career of the teachers and give them promotions, but nothing has been done in this regard, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC