Haryana teachers to protest on Nov 19 for promotions
Hisar: College teachers in Haryana will on November 19 stage dharnas at their respective campuses against the "indifferent" attitude of the state government towards their demand for regular promotions.
On the call of the Haryana Federation of University and College Teachers Organization (HFUCTO), the teaching staff of colleges will stage the dharnas to express resentment against "indifferent" attitude of the state government, HFUCTO General Secretary Attar Singh said here today.
A state-level dharna will also be staged in front of the office of Higher Education at Panchkula on November 26 as part of the agitation, he said.
HFUCTO has written many letters to Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Haryana for his intervention to remove stagnation in the career of the teachers and give them promotions, but nothing has been done in this regard, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray