Haryana to fund freedom fighters` visit to Myanmar
Chandigarh: Freedom fighters from Haryana who wish to visit Myanmar and Andaman and Nicobar Islands will travel at the expense of the state government, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Tuesday.
The Haryana government will bear the expenses for the visit of freedom fighters and widows of freedom fighters of the state to Yangon and Mandalay in Myanmar and Cellular Jail in Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the Bay of Bengal.
He said the move was a gesture towards the role played by freedom fighters and their families in the freedom struggle of the country.
Hooda said the freedom fighters and their widows would also be able to take along an assistant at the expense of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed