Haryana to fund freedom fighters` visit to Myanmar
Chandigarh: Freedom fighters from Haryana who wish to visit Myanmar and Andaman and Nicobar Islands will travel at the expense of the state government, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said on Tuesday.
The Haryana government will bear the expenses for the visit of freedom fighters and widows of freedom fighters of the state to Yangon and Mandalay in Myanmar and Cellular Jail in Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the Bay of Bengal.
He said the move was a gesture towards the role played by freedom fighters and their families in the freedom struggle of the country.
Hooda said the freedom fighters and their widows would also be able to take along an assistant at the expense of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi