Haryana: Two killed for opposing eve-teasing
Palwal: Two persons of a family
were allegedly killed and two others injured in a clash for opposing eve-teasing at Harphali village here, police said Friday.
Layak Ram and his nephew Naveen were killed while Shashi
and Gambeer were critically injured in a clash recently which
erupted when Ram accused a neighbourhood boy of eve-teasing
his daughter, they said.
When the girl informed her relatives about the alleged
harassment, her father went to Pankaj`s father Bhuplal to complain where an argument between the two escalated into a fight following which Bhuplal summoned his aides for support, they said.
The 16-year-old girl was harassed by local youths Pankaj,
Lokesh and Yashpal, they said.
Gambheer and Sashi, who were critically injured in the
clash, were rushed to a local hospital, they said.
A case of murder against 17 persons have been registered
while the investigations into the matter is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore