Haryana: Two killed for opposing eve-teasing
Palwal: Two persons of a family
were allegedly killed and two others injured in a clash for opposing eve-teasing at Harphali village here, police said Friday.
Layak Ram and his nephew Naveen were killed while Shashi
and Gambeer were critically injured in a clash recently which
erupted when Ram accused a neighbourhood boy of eve-teasing
his daughter, they said.
When the girl informed her relatives about the alleged
harassment, her father went to Pankaj`s father Bhuplal to complain where an argument between the two escalated into a fight following which Bhuplal summoned his aides for support, they said.
The 16-year-old girl was harassed by local youths Pankaj,
Lokesh and Yashpal, they said.
Gambheer and Sashi, who were critically injured in the
clash, were rushed to a local hospital, they said.
A case of murder against 17 persons have been registered
while the investigations into the matter is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!