Haryana women`s helpline gets maximum complaints from NCR region
Chandigarh: The newly-launched women`s helpline (1091) in Haryana has received the maximum number of complaints from the national capital region (NCR) districts of the state, data revealed by the police on Friday show.
A police department spokesman said 3,283 complaints were received by the helpline in June this year, of which 2,238 complaints were from districts within the NCR area.
The bulk of the complaints were received from Gurgaon (670), Sonipat (483), Rohtak (449), Panipat (384) and Faridabad (252).
Haryana surrounds Delhi on three sides.
He said that out of these complaints, the highest number (896) pertained to domestic violence, 481 to eve-teasing, 214 to obscene acts or songs and 153 to stalking.
The spokesman said action on the complaints was taken promptly.
The spokesman said women police officials in civil clothes were deputed at 728 locations and in 632 buses to curb eve-teasing.
Over 1,700 state roadways and nearly 5,400 other public service vehicles were checked for the enforcement of directions issued for curbing crimes against women.
The spokesman said 2,258 villages and 1,052 colonies in urban areas were visited by senior functionaries of the police department to monitor the law and order situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof