Hooda govt has failed on all fronts: Chautala
Chandigarh: Lashing out at the Haryana
government for its "apathetic attitude" towards the farmers,
opposition INLD on Tuesday said that the Congress government has
failed on all fronts.
"The Hooda government has set new records on various
fronts - be it the bad shape of economy with mounting debt,
labour unrest, worsening law and order situation, grave power
and water shortage," INLD`s secretary general Ajay Singh
Chautala said on the occasion of `Haryana Day`.
He alleged that while government was patting its back
over its achievements, reality was just the opposite. "People
are fed up with this regime and they rejected the Congress in
the recently held Hisar Lok Sabha bypolls."
Referring to the recent unrest in Maruti Suzuki`s Manesar
plant, he said the government failed to tackle the issue due
to its faulty policies.
Chautala said the prices of fertilisers have witnessed a
steep rise while farmers continue to get pittance for their
production. "Prices of fertilizers, including DAP and Potash
have gone up. On the other hand, farmers are getting peanuts
for their crops," he said.
On possibilities of a third front at national level,
Chautala said, "like-minded forces are working on this. You
may hear positive development before the next session (of the
He refused to comment on possibilities of party
contesting in upcoming Assembly polls in Punjab, saying that
"it is premature to say anything now."
On Adampur and Ratia assembly seats falling vacant
recently, Chautala said the party has already started
campaigning and candidates will be finalised once the poll
dates are declared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day