Hooda slap: 3 Haryana cops suspended for negligence of duty
Chandigarh: A day after a youth allegedly slapped Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda in Panipat, three state police officers, including a DSP, were placed under suspension for negligence of duty.
Samalkha DSP Bali Singh, Inspector Ramesh Kumar and ASI Tarif Singh were placed under suspension today, an official spokesman said here.
A youth allegedly slapped Hooda in full public view yesterday while the Haryana CM was riding in an open jeep.
As Hooda`s jeep was making its way through the crowd, a youth, identified as Kamal Mukhija, broke through the security ring and slapped the CM.
A senior police officer has said that the youth was suffering from depression. A case had been registered against Mukhija under various sections of IPC.
But it is learnt that Hooda has forgiven the youth as he was said to be suffering from depression.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference