Hooda slap: 3 Haryana cops suspended for negligence of duty
Chandigarh: A day after a youth allegedly slapped Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda in Panipat, three state police officers, including a DSP, were placed under suspension for negligence of duty.
Samalkha DSP Bali Singh, Inspector Ramesh Kumar and ASI Tarif Singh were placed under suspension today, an official spokesman said here.
A youth allegedly slapped Hooda in full public view yesterday while the Haryana CM was riding in an open jeep.
As Hooda`s jeep was making its way through the crowd, a youth, identified as Kamal Mukhija, broke through the security ring and slapped the CM.
A senior police officer has said that the youth was suffering from depression. A case had been registered against Mukhija under various sections of IPC.
But it is learnt that Hooda has forgiven the youth as he was said to be suffering from depression.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM