Hooda slap: 3 Haryana cops suspended for negligence of duty
Chandigarh: A day after a youth allegedly slapped Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda in Panipat, three state police officers, including a DSP, were placed under suspension for negligence of duty.
Samalkha DSP Bali Singh, Inspector Ramesh Kumar and ASI Tarif Singh were placed under suspension today, an official spokesman said here.
A youth allegedly slapped Hooda in full public view yesterday while the Haryana CM was riding in an open jeep.
As Hooda`s jeep was making its way through the crowd, a youth, identified as Kamal Mukhija, broke through the security ring and slapped the CM.
A senior police officer has said that the youth was suffering from depression. A case had been registered against Mukhija under various sections of IPC.
But it is learnt that Hooda has forgiven the youth as he was said to be suffering from depression.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?