Hooda slap: 3 Haryana cops suspended for negligence of duty
Chandigarh: A day after a youth allegedly slapped Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda in Panipat, three state police officers, including a DSP, were placed under suspension for negligence of duty.
Samalkha DSP Bali Singh, Inspector Ramesh Kumar and ASI Tarif Singh were placed under suspension today, an official spokesman said here.
A youth allegedly slapped Hooda in full public view yesterday while the Haryana CM was riding in an open jeep.
As Hooda`s jeep was making its way through the crowd, a youth, identified as Kamal Mukhija, broke through the security ring and slapped the CM.
A senior police officer has said that the youth was suffering from depression. A case had been registered against Mukhija under various sections of IPC.
But it is learnt that Hooda has forgiven the youth as he was said to be suffering from depression.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic
- Updated WhatsApp with 'call back', voice mail, video calling features coming soon!
- Ancient Hindu temple reopens after 27 years in Srinagar, Kashmiri Pandits jubilant
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics