Man dies as Rapid Metro pole falls on him in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: An engineer with a private firm died Saturday after a pole from the elevated section of the Gurgaon`s under-construction Rapid Metro line fell on him, police said.
Vikas Kumar, 21, a resident of Delhi`s Baljeet Nagar, was going towards DLF Phase-1 from Shankar Chowk here on his motorcycle when an iron pole fell on him near the Cyber City pillar number P48.
Vikas Mukar lost his balance and hit a pillar. He was taken to a private hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police have registered a case against the contractor for causing death due to negligence. "We have registered a case under Section 304A of IPC against the contractor," Naresh Yadav, a police investigator, said.
However, a Rapid Metro spokesperson said the victim hit an 11-foot iron pole being carried by labourers on their shoulders.
The Rapid Metro project is India`s first private metro project built with the cooperation of the Haryana government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you