Man dies as Rapid Metro pole falls on him in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: An engineer with a private firm died Saturday after a pole from the elevated section of the Gurgaon`s under-construction Rapid Metro line fell on him, police said.
Vikas Kumar, 21, a resident of Delhi`s Baljeet Nagar, was going towards DLF Phase-1 from Shankar Chowk here on his motorcycle when an iron pole fell on him near the Cyber City pillar number P48.
Vikas Mukar lost his balance and hit a pillar. He was taken to a private hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police have registered a case against the contractor for causing death due to negligence. "We have registered a case under Section 304A of IPC against the contractor," Naresh Yadav, a police investigator, said.
However, a Rapid Metro spokesperson said the victim hit an 11-foot iron pole being carried by labourers on their shoulders.
The Rapid Metro project is India`s first private metro project built with the cooperation of the Haryana government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29