Man dies as Rapid Metro pole falls on him in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: An engineer with a private firm died Saturday after a pole from the elevated section of the Gurgaon`s under-construction Rapid Metro line fell on him, police said.
Vikas Kumar, 21, a resident of Delhi`s Baljeet Nagar, was going towards DLF Phase-1 from Shankar Chowk here on his motorcycle when an iron pole fell on him near the Cyber City pillar number P48.
Vikas Mukar lost his balance and hit a pillar. He was taken to a private hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police have registered a case against the contractor for causing death due to negligence. "We have registered a case under Section 304A of IPC against the contractor," Naresh Yadav, a police investigator, said.
However, a Rapid Metro spokesperson said the victim hit an 11-foot iron pole being carried by labourers on their shoulders.
The Rapid Metro project is India`s first private metro project built with the cooperation of the Haryana government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday
- AAP removes Punjab chief for alleged corruption