Man dies as Rapid Metro pole falls on him in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: An engineer with a private firm died Saturday after a pole from the elevated section of the Gurgaon`s under-construction Rapid Metro line fell on him, police said.
Vikas Kumar, 21, a resident of Delhi`s Baljeet Nagar, was going towards DLF Phase-1 from Shankar Chowk here on his motorcycle when an iron pole fell on him near the Cyber City pillar number P48.
Vikas Mukar lost his balance and hit a pillar. He was taken to a private hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police have registered a case against the contractor for causing death due to negligence. "We have registered a case under Section 304A of IPC against the contractor," Naresh Yadav, a police investigator, said.
However, a Rapid Metro spokesperson said the victim hit an 11-foot iron pole being carried by labourers on their shoulders.
The Rapid Metro project is India`s first private metro project built with the cooperation of the Haryana government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Over 90% of 4.75 lakh candidates appear in NEET II exam
- GM re-evaluates India investment, new car platform on hold
- Raunchiest Olympics ever: Record number of condoms for 2016 Rio athletes
- Donald Trump says US could pull out of World Trade Organization
- Premier Futsal: Mumbai 5's crowned champions of inaugural edition