Man dies as Rapid Metro pole falls on him in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: An engineer with a private firm died Saturday after a pole from the elevated section of the Gurgaon`s under-construction Rapid Metro line fell on him, police said.
Vikas Kumar, 21, a resident of Delhi`s Baljeet Nagar, was going towards DLF Phase-1 from Shankar Chowk here on his motorcycle when an iron pole fell on him near the Cyber City pillar number P48.
Vikas Mukar lost his balance and hit a pillar. He was taken to a private hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police have registered a case against the contractor for causing death due to negligence. "We have registered a case under Section 304A of IPC against the contractor," Naresh Yadav, a police investigator, said.
However, a Rapid Metro spokesperson said the victim hit an 11-foot iron pole being carried by labourers on their shoulders.
The Rapid Metro project is India`s first private metro project built with the cooperation of the Haryana government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey