Media must be more accountable: Haryana CM
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on Wednesday asked mediapersons to take a resolve on the
occasion of National Press Day to safeguard the credibility of
media and make themselves more accountable.
At the seminar on `Media as an Instrument of Public
Accountability`, he said Press Day was the day of
introspection for the media.
The issue of having a check on the media has become a
burning issue, he said adding "I am of the opinion that there
should be some kind of check on the media to maintain the high
standards of journalism. It would be better if it comes from
within the media, rather than from the government."
Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal
appealed to the media to help discourage the politics of abuse
and mudslinging by spiking sensational statements and speeches
of political leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Canada reaffirms support for India's NSG membership bid
- His LS constituency flooded, PM Modi deputes MP for help
- Cricket reforms: BCCI submits Compliance Report to Supreme Court-appointed Justice RM Lodha panel
- Hours-long attack on Kabul American university kills sixteen
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: Kuldeep's Yadav guile puts India Red in driver's seat