Media must be more accountable: Haryana CM
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on Wednesday asked mediapersons to take a resolve on the
occasion of National Press Day to safeguard the credibility of
media and make themselves more accountable.
At the seminar on `Media as an Instrument of Public
Accountability`, he said Press Day was the day of
introspection for the media.
The issue of having a check on the media has become a
burning issue, he said adding "I am of the opinion that there
should be some kind of check on the media to maintain the high
standards of journalism. It would be better if it comes from
within the media, rather than from the government."
Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal
appealed to the media to help discourage the politics of abuse
and mudslinging by spiking sensational statements and speeches
of political leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert