Media must be more accountable: Haryana CM
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on Wednesday asked mediapersons to take a resolve on the
occasion of National Press Day to safeguard the credibility of
media and make themselves more accountable.
At the seminar on `Media as an Instrument of Public
Accountability`, he said Press Day was the day of
introspection for the media.
The issue of having a check on the media has become a
burning issue, he said adding "I am of the opinion that there
should be some kind of check on the media to maintain the high
standards of journalism. It would be better if it comes from
within the media, rather than from the government."
Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal
appealed to the media to help discourage the politics of abuse
and mudslinging by spiking sensational statements and speeches
of political leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player