Media must be more accountable: Haryana CM
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on Wednesday asked mediapersons to take a resolve on the
occasion of National Press Day to safeguard the credibility of
media and make themselves more accountable.
At the seminar on `Media as an Instrument of Public
Accountability`, he said Press Day was the day of
introspection for the media.
The issue of having a check on the media has become a
burning issue, he said adding "I am of the opinion that there
should be some kind of check on the media to maintain the high
standards of journalism. It would be better if it comes from
within the media, rather than from the government."
Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal
appealed to the media to help discourage the politics of abuse
and mudslinging by spiking sensational statements and speeches
of political leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2nd Test, Day 3: England bounce back to level series 1-1 with massive 330-run win over Pakistan
- Lok Sabha passes bill providing for opening of 6 new IITs
- NIA files chargesheet in Bangalore Church Street blast case
- Story of courage! Chennai man risks life to save a woman from being raped
- This SCARY video will give you goosebumps: Ghost follows man into taxi - WATCH