Media must be more accountable: Haryana CM
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder
Singh Hooda on Wednesday asked mediapersons to take a resolve on the
occasion of National Press Day to safeguard the credibility of
media and make themselves more accountable.
At the seminar on `Media as an Instrument of Public
Accountability`, he said Press Day was the day of
introspection for the media.
The issue of having a check on the media has become a
burning issue, he said adding "I am of the opinion that there
should be some kind of check on the media to maintain the high
standards of journalism. It would be better if it comes from
within the media, rather than from the government."
Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal
appealed to the media to help discourage the politics of abuse
and mudslinging by spiking sensational statements and speeches
of political leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman