Notices issued to MLAs in cash-for-CLU scam: Lokayukta
Chandigarh: Haryana Lokayukta Justice (Retd) Pritam Pal on Saturday said that notices have been issued to MLAs with regard to a CD handed over to him by the Haryana government for investigation.
The CD issued by Opposition INLD, purportedly showed the MLAs demanding bribe in lieu of getting Change of Land Use done.
"Notices have been issued to all the MLAs and replies have been demanded. The matter is still under investigation," the Lokayukta said.
The Lokayukta said this while on a surprise visit to children`s protection home at Chhachhrauli in Yamunanagar district.
While addressing the children at Bal Kunj, the Lokayukta said if they face any problem they should immediately write in the register concerned or submit their complaints in the complaint box of their cottage so that any incident or atrocity committed against them is conveyed to higher officials at proper time.
While inspecting the protection home, the Lokayukta urged the administrative officers to meet children frequently and regularly check the complaint box and register.
"It is the only way through which the gap between authorities and children can be plugged and any incident of child atrocity can be avoided," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!