Now electricity bills via SMS in the state
Chandigarh: Power distribution company
Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (UHBVN) has decided to send
electricity bills to the consumers through short message
service (SMS) from July 1 in a phased manner.
UHBVN, Managing Director, Arun Kumar said this service
will benefit more than 25 lakh electricity consumers.
"Instructions have been issued to the controlling
officers to ensure that the meter readers will personally
contact the consumers in their respective areas and have their
mobile numbers for providing this service. The SMS will be
sent as soon as the bill is generated," he said.
At present, the bills of domestic and non domestic
categories are being generated on bi-monthly basis.
He said there will be a nominal expenditure for
the Nigam in providing this facility but consumers would get
this service free of cost.
It would help minimise consumer complaints regarding
non receipt of bills or delayed distribution of bills, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030
- Lionel Messi `God`s gift` to Argentina: President