Now electricity bills via SMS in the state
Chandigarh: Power distribution company
Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (UHBVN) has decided to send
electricity bills to the consumers through short message
service (SMS) from July 1 in a phased manner.
UHBVN, Managing Director, Arun Kumar said this service
will benefit more than 25 lakh electricity consumers.
"Instructions have been issued to the controlling
officers to ensure that the meter readers will personally
contact the consumers in their respective areas and have their
mobile numbers for providing this service. The SMS will be
sent as soon as the bill is generated," he said.
At present, the bills of domestic and non domestic
categories are being generated on bi-monthly basis.
He said there will be a nominal expenditure for
the Nigam in providing this facility but consumers would get
this service free of cost.
It would help minimise consumer complaints regarding
non receipt of bills or delayed distribution of bills, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?