Now electricity bills via SMS in the state
Chandigarh: Power distribution company
Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam (UHBVN) has decided to send
electricity bills to the consumers through short message
service (SMS) from July 1 in a phased manner.
UHBVN, Managing Director, Arun Kumar said this service
will benefit more than 25 lakh electricity consumers.
"Instructions have been issued to the controlling
officers to ensure that the meter readers will personally
contact the consumers in their respective areas and have their
mobile numbers for providing this service. The SMS will be
sent as soon as the bill is generated," he said.
At present, the bills of domestic and non domestic
categories are being generated on bi-monthly basis.
He said there will be a nominal expenditure for
the Nigam in providing this facility but consumers would get
this service free of cost.
It would help minimise consumer complaints regarding
non receipt of bills or delayed distribution of bills, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi