Rickshaw puller thrashed by cop for crossing Hooda`s path, AAP condemns
Gurgaon/Chandigarh: A rickshaw puller was beaten up by a policeman when he inadvertently entered a road crossing in Gurgaon that had been cordoned off for Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda`s motorcade.
The Aam Aadmi Party(AAP), whose volunteers rushed the injured Sanjay Sahu to hospital, condemned the assault with its leader Yogendra Yadav saying that dismantling this "VIP culture" is what his party is about to begin.
Sahu, 40, was assaulted by traffic police ASI Ram Niwas after he unwittingly entered a road on 4/7 crossing that was blocked off for Hooda`s convoy yesterday, Ramesh Yadav, convener of AAP in Gurgaon, said.
Hooda had come to Gurgaon district to attend a function organised by Haryana Sports Minister Sukhbir Kataria.
Sahu started bleeding from the face but the policemen present there did not help him, following which he approached a nearby AAP office, Yadav said.
Party volunteers took him to hospital and got him treated, the AAP leader said.
"The ASI accidentally hit the rickshaw puller for which he has offered a written apology," SHO Sector 5 Kuldip Singh said.
"Despite the apology, AAP volunteers have unnecessarily highlighted the issue," he said, adding that the rickshaw puller was not interested in pursuing the matter.
Asked to comment on the incident, Yadav said he is not surprised.
"I am not surprised with what has happened. This is precisely what makes people`s blood boil...Dismantling this VIP culture is what AAP is about to begin," Yadav told a press conference in Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17