Six killed in Haryana jeep-tanker collision
Sonipat: At least six people were killed and 13 injured when a speeding jeep collided with an oil tanker on the Sonipat-Rohtak road Tuesday morning, police said.
The injured were rushed to a hospital in Sonipat.
A police official said here that the accident took place near Gohana township, 20 km from here.
The injured passengers told police that the jeep that they were travelling in was a taxi that had been overloaded by the driver.
"Our preliminary enquiry has revealed that the driver of the ill-fated jeep was racing with another jeep-taxi to pick up more passengers and his speeding vehicle collided with an oil tanker coming from the opposite side," the police official said.
Visibility was low due to foggy conditions, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you