Six killed in Haryana jeep-tanker collision
Sonipat: At least six people were killed and 13 injured when a speeding jeep collided with an oil tanker on the Sonipat-Rohtak road Tuesday morning, police said.
The injured were rushed to a hospital in Sonipat.
A police official said here that the accident took place near Gohana township, 20 km from here.
The injured passengers told police that the jeep that they were travelling in was a taxi that had been overloaded by the driver.
"Our preliminary enquiry has revealed that the driver of the ill-fated jeep was racing with another jeep-taxi to pick up more passengers and his speeding vehicle collided with an oil tanker coming from the opposite side," the police official said.
Visibility was low due to foggy conditions, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand