Six killed in Haryana jeep-tanker collision
Sonipat: At least six people were killed and 13 injured when a speeding jeep collided with an oil tanker on the Sonipat-Rohtak road Tuesday morning, police said.
The injured were rushed to a hospital in Sonipat.
A police official said here that the accident took place near Gohana township, 20 km from here.
The injured passengers told police that the jeep that they were travelling in was a taxi that had been overloaded by the driver.
"Our preliminary enquiry has revealed that the driver of the ill-fated jeep was racing with another jeep-taxi to pick up more passengers and his speeding vehicle collided with an oil tanker coming from the opposite side," the police official said.
Visibility was low due to foggy conditions, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees