Six killed in Haryana jeep-tanker collision
Sonipat: At least six people were killed and 13 injured when a speeding jeep collided with an oil tanker on the Sonipat-Rohtak road Tuesday morning, police said.
The injured were rushed to a hospital in Sonipat.
A police official said here that the accident took place near Gohana township, 20 km from here.
The injured passengers told police that the jeep that they were travelling in was a taxi that had been overloaded by the driver.
"Our preliminary enquiry has revealed that the driver of the ill-fated jeep was racing with another jeep-taxi to pick up more passengers and his speeding vehicle collided with an oil tanker coming from the opposite side," the police official said.
Visibility was low due to foggy conditions, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September