Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana
Sonipat (Haryana): A teenaged boy in Haryana`s Sonipat district Sunday killed his parents while they were asleep at home and burnt their bodies, police said.
After murdering his parents with a sharp-edged weapon, the boy sprinkled kerosene on the bodies and set them on fire. He then fled from the spot.
The victims have been identified as Rampal, 45, and his wife Guddi. Rampal ran an agriculture business in Ulhera village in Sonipat district, some 40 km from Delhi.
Police were informed about the incident by the village headman.
"We are investigating the incident. The victims were sleeping when they were killed," said Deputy Superintendent of Police Balbir Singh.
Police have registered a case of murder against the accused and are conducting raids at various places to nab him.
"He had become addicted to liquor. He is absconding but we will arrest him soon," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Apple buys health startup founded by Indian-origin duo
- SHOCKING! This film director wants to 'spit' on PV Sindhu's achievement in Rio Olympics
- Prakash Javadekar commits a blooper, says Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel, Subhas Chandra Bose were hanged
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan