Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana
Sonipat (Haryana): A teenaged boy in Haryana`s Sonipat district Sunday killed his parents while they were asleep at home and burnt their bodies, police said.
After murdering his parents with a sharp-edged weapon, the boy sprinkled kerosene on the bodies and set them on fire. He then fled from the spot.
The victims have been identified as Rampal, 45, and his wife Guddi. Rampal ran an agriculture business in Ulhera village in Sonipat district, some 40 km from Delhi.
Police were informed about the incident by the village headman.
"We are investigating the incident. The victims were sleeping when they were killed," said Deputy Superintendent of Police Balbir Singh.
Police have registered a case of murder against the accused and are conducting raids at various places to nab him.
"He had become addicted to liquor. He is absconding but we will arrest him soon," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room