Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana
Sonipat (Haryana): A teenaged boy in Haryana`s Sonipat district Sunday killed his parents while they were asleep at home and burnt their bodies, police said.
After murdering his parents with a sharp-edged weapon, the boy sprinkled kerosene on the bodies and set them on fire. He then fled from the spot.
The victims have been identified as Rampal, 45, and his wife Guddi. Rampal ran an agriculture business in Ulhera village in Sonipat district, some 40 km from Delhi.
Police were informed about the incident by the village headman.
"We are investigating the incident. The victims were sleeping when they were killed," said Deputy Superintendent of Police Balbir Singh.
Police have registered a case of murder against the accused and are conducting raids at various places to nab him.
"He had become addicted to liquor. He is absconding but we will arrest him soon," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof