Toll employee shot in Haryana, cash looted
Gurgaon: An employee at a toll plaza in Haryana was shot at and Rs 1 lakh was looted from him, police said on Friday.
Ateet Kumar, 23, was shot on Thursday at the toll on the Gurgaon-Alwar highway at Badshahpur, some eight kilometres from here.
Kumar was stated to be out of danger in a hospital.
Police officer Rajpal said the shooting appeared to be a case of rivalry between Ramgarh and Rithoj villages.
"A few months ago, all the employees from Ramgarh were replaced by people from Rithoj village," he said. Kumar belonged to Rithoj.
"We have booked more than a dozen people from Ramgarh for attempt to murder," Rajpal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note