Toll employee shot in Haryana, cash looted
Gurgaon: An employee at a toll plaza in Haryana was shot at and Rs 1 lakh was looted from him, police said on Friday.
Ateet Kumar, 23, was shot on Thursday at the toll on the Gurgaon-Alwar highway at Badshahpur, some eight kilometres from here.
Kumar was stated to be out of danger in a hospital.
Police officer Rajpal said the shooting appeared to be a case of rivalry between Ramgarh and Rithoj villages.
"A few months ago, all the employees from Ramgarh were replaced by people from Rithoj village," he said. Kumar belonged to Rithoj.
"We have booked more than a dozen people from Ramgarh for attempt to murder," Rajpal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RBI to keep rates unchanged in August 9 policy: ICRA
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh's wife led to his arrest?
- VIRAL VIDEO: Horrific car accident, woman flung 15 meters into air
- Breastfeeding ups brain development in preemies
- Rains bring Gurgaon and Bengaluru – shining examples of India's rise – to a grinding halt