Toll employee shot in Haryana, cash looted
Gurgaon: An employee at a toll plaza in Haryana was shot at and Rs 1 lakh was looted from him, police said on Friday.
Ateet Kumar, 23, was shot on Thursday at the toll on the Gurgaon-Alwar highway at Badshahpur, some eight kilometres from here.
Kumar was stated to be out of danger in a hospital.
Police officer Rajpal said the shooting appeared to be a case of rivalry between Ramgarh and Rithoj villages.
"A few months ago, all the employees from Ramgarh were replaced by people from Rithoj village," he said. Kumar belonged to Rithoj.
"We have booked more than a dozen people from Ramgarh for attempt to murder," Rajpal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption