Woman burnt alive in Haryana
Kurukshetra: A 55-year-old woman was
burnt alive allegedly by a group of villagers for tilling land
against their wish in Guldera village of the district, police
said on Sunday.
Dhanpati Devi was rushed to a hospital here with 65
per cent burn injuries yesterday where she was declared
Daljit Kaur, daughter of main accused Sukhwinder
Singh, has been arrested under Section 302 (murder) of IPC.
Singh, his wife, son, daughter and three others having
their names in the FIR, are absconding, police said.
When Devi went to the fields along with her labourer
and tractor to take possession of the panchayat land, which
was alloted to her recently, she was allegedly attacked by
Singh along with half a dozen people, they said.
As the tractors destroyed the fodder grown by
Singh, who was earlier farming on this land, he was enraged
and set her ablaze in front of other villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'