Woman burnt alive in Haryana
Kurukshetra: A 55-year-old woman was
burnt alive allegedly by a group of villagers for tilling land
against their wish in Guldera village of the district, police
said on Sunday.
Dhanpati Devi was rushed to a hospital here with 65
per cent burn injuries yesterday where she was declared
Daljit Kaur, daughter of main accused Sukhwinder
Singh, has been arrested under Section 302 (murder) of IPC.
Singh, his wife, son, daughter and three others having
their names in the FIR, are absconding, police said.
When Devi went to the fields along with her labourer
and tractor to take possession of the panchayat land, which
was alloted to her recently, she was allegedly attacked by
Singh along with half a dozen people, they said.
As the tractors destroyed the fodder grown by
Singh, who was earlier farming on this land, he was enraged
and set her ablaze in front of other villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon